News Forum - Young motorcyclist fatally crashes into 18-wheeler in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

A tragic accident occurred when a young motorcyclist lost his life after crashing his motorcycle into the back of a lorry at a junction in Choak Chai district of northeast Thailand‘s Nakhon Ratchasima province. The incident took place at 4.39pm yesterday. Authorities were alerted by Pol. Lt. Col. Precha Suebratcha, a police officer who investigated …

The story Young motorcyclist fatally crashes into 18-wheeler in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I am sorry for the loss of life, but as we see daily, motorcycle riders trusting to Lord Buddha to keep them safe, no helmets (but always the useless mask), taking unnecessary risks to shave that extra second or two of the trip time. No road sense and unfortunately, not only just them injured or killed by their negligence.

• Like 2

This is a long double trailer lorry. As such the angel of incline and corner is more than normal vehicle. Other vehicle drivers especially motorcyclists has to ensure not to go the sides of such long  trailer lorry especially at corners. 

• Like 2

As long as riding and passing on the left shoulder of the road is allowed there will be incidents like this... going too fast... maybe no visible turn signal on truck... just everyday driving in Thailand

I have been driving in Thailand for the last ten years

The motorcyclists think they are immortal

The other day I sat at my wifes restaurant in the main road of the village

IN 30 minutes I counted 118 people passing on Motorbikes and ten had helmets on

Some bikes with 4 on wife, baby,small child and father no  helmets and then the road sense of these people

Trying t opass a truck on the left while a 22 wheeler is trying to turn into a narrow street

In my home country I drove 3 million KM no accident ever and here 150K  Km no accident just by sheer luck and trying to think for the other people on the roads.

I have not got on a Motorcycle at all as I consider it suicide

A friend pulled out of a side road on me last week on a motorbike without slowing or looking,she followed me home , I said why didn’t you look, her reply was “you need to look “ with a mentality like that what chance do they have

• Like 2