News Forum - Australian TikTok star gives Patong fruit vendor 2,000 baht as reward for kindness

Thaiger

An Australian TikTok star with 1.5 million followers gave a Patong fruit vendor 2,000 baht as a reward for his kindness and generosity. TikTok star Luke Erwin this week shared a brief video where he decided to test the generosity of a fruit vendor in Patong. In the video, Erwin approached the vendor, saying that …

The story Australian TikTok star gives Patong fruit vendor 2,000 baht as reward for kindness as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wow so generous. 🤑  he will possibly make that back 100 times over with his non original content   Total ahole 

• Like 1

The common Thai vendors on the street are really nice people. Because they know the real meaning of hunger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

Wow so generous. 🤑  he will possibly make that back 100 times over with his non original content   Total ahole 

If you have nothing kind to say sometimes it is best to be humble, ignore if not to your liking and move on - don't make yourself look a fool be calling out a guy you don't even no - if anything, it really shows your flaws, I wish you well 🙏🏻

9 hours ago, Thommo said:

You are so right Brother Thommo. Cringe worthy at best. 

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

You are so right Brother Thommo. Cringe worthy at best. 

I can see it from all sides

I'm not one to jam a camera in people's faces

And if I do something charitable, I do it for it's own reasons 

I'd only publicize it if I were looking for donations 

But I can also see the side where publicizing generosity may make others follow 

15 hours ago, Robbi said:

If you have nothing kind to say sometimes it is best to be humble, ignore if not to your liking and move on - don't make yourself look a fool be calling out a guy you don't even no - if anything, it really shows your flaws, I wish you well 🙏🏻

Thank you for your thoughtful advice.   The guy is still a ahole 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I can see it from all sides

I'm not one to jam a camera in people's faces

And if I do something charitable, I do it for it's own reasons 

I'd only publicize it if I were looking for donations 

But I can also see the side where publicizing generosity may make others follow 

Yes I can see it on both sides, but honestly the guy is quite bothersome with his voice saying brother, brother, brother, brother. I have seen a few of his videos and he is giving away money or trying to pay for people's things in Australia, then I think Bali and now here. The guy is fully tattooed even on his head, but that is up to him and a huge turn off to me for this type of person normally is a tag along. Just another non original copycat, but it may be working as he has people looking in buying and eating it up. For me 95% of this stuff is now way too far cringe worthy boring bland at best and it is all just for likes to make money. My Mate Na*e was another one but that was before the locust swarm of them all coming out of the want-to-be woodwork.

Now I will say that the government opened up a can of dweeb worms inviting all these online want-to-be snow flake influencers to come here and now Thailand seems to be crawling with them who try to act the I know it all but have only been here a small amount of time. Traveling blogs used to be ok but it is like falling into a coack roach nest and trying to get them off you now.

It is like a prank on a person and then coming out of the closet to say it was not true, here is some money, or copycat stuff for the lie but I am recording it as I am a want to be influencer with garbage material. I feel sorry for the world and this generation in a way as this is what things have come to. Not saying all online bloggers, but the biggest majority of them now. For Thailand I am just at the point to block every single one of them, or I think you have to say I don't like this content or something like that. It is to that point, and now newbies are trying to act like they speak thai and their pronounciation is just oo much to listen to. Like the guy, Retired and Working for you. He needs to stick to not speaking the language and even he is in copy mode and then there are newbies copying him an his content.

Again, there are soem that are quite intersting to watch like say Caleb Simpson who is the oringal s in - How much do you pay for rent, but then you get the infestation of copycats and that is where it takes a dive. Not everyone can or should be a rock star. 

So there are quite a few I actually like that don't show their face, and some who genuinly give homeless and needy people what they need, food and money. there is actually one who goes back and follws back up with many of them, and he does not show his face.

Now one of my favorite bloggers is Soft White Underbelly by Mark Laita, or Daniel Mac Excuse me, Sick Car, what do you do for a living blogger. So there are quite a few that are original that I am ok with because they are original and not overbearing cringe worthy want to be's who just need to fade away. Also the orignal Fart prank guy. Now that stuff is funny from the original guy.

I give to give and want no one to see and do it quite often in support to some. Now I will probably get some poster giving me flak on my psot here, but tell you the truth, I candy coated my reply to you. These dweebs could take an idea and try to put an original twist on it, then that is even better. Honestly very few can do it as this takes a personality and special persona that makes some people stand out in a crowd and unique persaonlities we all likje to watch. Say like Clint Eastwood or like someone like Keanu Reeves. Someone who was born with some sort of special magic. Most majority of all do not have that and are photgenic.

There seems to be a trend on TikTok and Instagram these days of the poster pretending to be down and out and asking for something for free. Multiple tries and then someone complies… Disingenuous BS but the millennials lap that s**t up. 

I worry for the future if this constitutes viral entertainment.

• Like 2