News Forum - Vietnamese durian vendor in Thailand faces 7 years in jail for tipping the scales

Thaiger

A sneaky Vietnamese durian vendor is facing a hefty fine and jail term for using doctored weighing scales to trick customers in Thailand. The faulty scales upped the price of the stinky, valuable fruit by 75 baht per sale. Deputy director-general of the Department of Internal Trade Pol. Lt. Chakra Yodmanee reported that the department …

The story Vietnamese durian vendor in Thailand faces 7 years in jail for tipping the scales as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

They should get life. 

Given your username I believe you are the authority on all matters durian, so life it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whilst it is good to see that this sort of petty fraud is being tackled by the Thai authorities I cant help wondering why no one is going after the perpetrators of major corruption that is rife in public institutions like local and national government and the police.?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Whilst it is good to see that this sort of petty fraud is being tackled by the Thai authorities I cant help wondering why no one is going after the perpetrators of major corruption that is rife in public institutions like local and national government and the police.?

Coz the durian is more important. 

16 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Authorities should look into meter tampering by taxis.

As long as the root is supplying enough benefits to the branches and the branches will always cover the root from direct sunlight.