News Forum - British man found dead on roadside in Bangkok, Thailand

Thaiger

An 80 year old British man with Alzheimer’s disease was found dead on the side of Ratchaphruek Road in Bangkok, Thailand, yesterday. At 4pm, Pol. Lt. Col. Chumphon Phurahong from Bang Khun Thian Police Station was informed that a foreign man’s body was discovered lying on the roadside near a small park by an island …

The story British man found dead on roadside in Bangkok, Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1. He is staying with a Thai family which is merely 500 meters from where his body was found.

2. The family made a report regarding a missing person at 2 am and shared in social media.

3. The deceased was am Alzheimer's patient.

4. Police found the body of 80 year old John Bosiclair, idenfitying him by the passport found in his pocket. 

If any person especially Alzheimer patient is missing the family would have immediately look for the missing person. Moreover such people will not carry their belongings with them most of the time. The report of the missing person was made at 2 am and was posted in the social media. Something is really missing here. May be if the authorities check the CCTV nearby can get some hint.

If he had severe dementia then he is better off now. It is a horrendous disease once it progresses, as I can attest too watching my father's decline over the last few years, way past the point that he would have wanted had he still had his faculties. Hopefully this 80 year old didn't suffer too much and I hope that he passed relatively peacefully.

As for the family not being able to find him during the night, it is very hard if the ill person goes walkabout in a random direction. A lot of dementia patients sleep during the day and thrn become active nightwalkers once the sun goes down.

I installed the Thaiger app some time ago, and I am quite shocked about the profile of news stories selected ... murder, rape, deadly crash, drugs... it looks like those gore websites. While I appreciate the fact that bad news earns clicks and makes profit, it is bad taste. What you could do is make a section where you can put all those shocking news stories and make the main feed more generic. If you don't get my point just count last 20 news stories and see how many are linked to murder, crash, missing person, drugs, raids...

Edited by Vladimir
Typos

12 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

I installed the Thaiger app some time ago, and I am quite shocked about the profile of news stories selected ... murder, rape, deadly crash, drugs... it looks like those gore websites. While I appreciate the fact that bad news earns clicks and makes profit, it is bad taste. What you could do is make a section where you can put all those shocking news stories and make the main feed more generic. If you don't get my point just count last 20 news stories and see how many are linked to murder, crash, missing person, drugs, raids...

That is daily life in Thailand. Why sugarcoat it. 

They got a great country and they try their best on a daily basis to **** it up!! ,😲😓😐🤔🙄🤐

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2023 at 2:45 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

That is daily life in Thailand. Why sugarcoat it. 

They got a great country and they try their best on a daily basis to **** it up!! ,😲😓😐🤔🙄🤐

The new App is much better 👏🏼 At least I can skip the Crime section 🤣