Chiang Mai Air Force Museum

Andrew Reeve

Chiang Mai Air Force Museum is located at Chiang Mai International Airport and home to numerous planes from WWII as well some recent models from the Thai Royal Air Force. The museum also features a number of World War II-era Japanese aircraft, providing a unique opportunity to see the planes used by the Axis powers in the Pacific Theater during World War II.

Some of the more interesting aircraft on display are: Douglas C-47, Japanese Nakajima B5N “Kate”, North American T6, T-28s, Tiger Moth, there are lot of interesting aircraft here all in different state of repair.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

• 3 weeks later...

There are 28 aircraft on display at the Chiang Mai Air Force Museum  and they represent the history of aviation within the area.

Sightseeing rides are available to single individuals on board one of the museum's Piper J-3 Cubs or Cessna O-1 Bird Dogs. If you are planning to visit the museum then advanced notification is required as the museum is located in the part of the airport operated by the Royal Thai Air Force.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Ace_Jinx said:

Hello, 

May I know who to contact for advance notification to visit the museum? 

Thanks. 

Hi Ace Jinx,

As far as I know, you need to call them in advance to arrange a visit. I’ve PMd you the number.

Cheers,

BH