Laptop with Thai and English???

Dezmo

Thai gf just bought a new MSI laptop (Windows 11).  I wanted to help her out using it (and not have to use Google Lens to translate all the Thai.

It seems it only can be used in Thai - I cannot change language to English (for the Windows menus, etc.).

She called the place where they bought it, and they said it can only support 1 language at a time.

That seems odd....  is that something specific to computers in Thailand?

Any thoughts?

Seems I cannot edit my prior post but the system says "Your Windows License only supports 1 display language"

I did see some YT videos on how to change the Registry but thats seems to only change it and not allow you to toggle back to Thai from the Settings menu ):  I want the ability to easily toggle back without having to edit  (dangerous) the Registry.

For those fairly technical, I do notice the Registry shows Thai (041e) as the default language and en-US as the Fall Back and  0409 (that is US English) as the Previous Installed language.

Edited by Dezmo

Thanks.. i just found that out also (about getting Pro)... after much searching. Wish the salesperson told her.

Cost looks about 400b. so should be easy to do :)

Unsure why MS does that.. seems languages packs are easy to install... no additional cost to the computer, software, etc. :)  Guess a way to make an extra $.