News Forum - Pattaya’s transgender thieves target Indian men in separate incidents

Thaiger

An age-old legend has once again repeated itself. In Pattaya, two Indian men separately reported thefts by transgender individuals on the same night. In both incidents, the thieves ripped gold necklaces off the victims’ necks. The first incident took place when 34 year old Nagasesha Reddy Neeruganti was walking along Pattaya Beach with friends near …

The story Pattaya’s transgender thieves target Indian men in separate incidents as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yet again, the bizarre mention of transgender, where gender is irrelevant. Did the 'females' happen to use their penises in the crime?

22 minutes ago, Karolyn said:

Yet again, the bizarre mention of transgender, where gender is irrelevant. Did the 'females' happen to use their penises in the crime?

No, transgender individuals are not being discriminated against - the fact is that they are responsible for a significant percentage, if not most, of these hugger-muggings. Of the half-dozen or so attempts at picking my pocket that I have experienced in Thailand all but one of them has been by a ladyboy.

• Like 1

If the culprits fully transed the penises are surgically formed to a replica vulcva.

No way to use in a crime, except deception.

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤣....back home these guys show their hatred against transgenders. However in Thailand they allow themselves hug and fondle their little brother by them. Of course for sure when their little head is awake their big head is shout down for seconds. That split second is enough to let go all that is with and within......Enjoy guys. At least when back home, let the transgenders hug you also. I am pretty sure back home these transgenders will not steal from you.🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 4:46 PM, Grumpish said:

No, transgender individuals are not being discriminated against - the fact is that they are responsible for a significant percentage, if not most, of these hugger-muggings. Of the half-dozen or so attempts at picking my pocket that I have experienced in Thailand all but one of them has been by a ladyboy.

I don't care about discrimination, which is human nature. I'm just amused that people insert the word transgender, where any such status is not relevant to the story

Rightly or wrongly, people associate trans, with gay. But no one is mention tgat someone is gay, in these sorts of stories, unless it is relevant, ie. "gay man filmed pissing at the side of the road", you don't read anything like that.

Then is the fact, that kathooey isn't transgender. Transgender is based on self-belief and self-expression. Traditionally kathooey was defined somewhere between eunuch and intersex, in modern English terms: it was and is, by definition, congenital, for instance, you can't 'come out' as a kathooey.

This isn't just different cultural narratives, about a common phenomenon or concept - it's not even the same thing, which makes the choice of gloss stranger. Though usually pejorative in use, words 'ladyboy' and 'shemale' are more apt glosses than kathooey, than the idea of crossing gender lines.

23 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

🤣🤣🤣....back home these guys show their hatred against transgenders. However in Thailand they allow themselves hug and fondle their little brother by them. Of course for sure when their little head is awake their big head is shout down for seconds. That split second is enough to let go all that is with and within......Enjoy guys. At least when back home, let the transgenders hug you also. I am pretty sure back home these transgenders will not steal from you.🤣🤣🤣

Yea, I assume that too. I can sympathise with JK Rowling and women not wanting men, in sensitive female only spaces. But not with men being existentially threatened, by a guy in a dress or a 'woman' with a dick, in a public space.

1 hour ago, Karolyn said:

I don't care about discrimination, which is human nature. I'm just amused that people insert the word transgender, where any such status is not relevant to the story

Rightly or wrongly, people associate trans, with gay. But no one is mention tgat someone is gay, in these sorts of stories, unless it is relevant, ie. "gay man filmed pissing at the side of the road", you don't read anything like that.

Because it makes the readers feel good that "others" are doing the stealing and p***ing on the street in the society in which they live. It's "the others", not "us regular folk".

The Hong Kong media uses the term "mainlander" in crime reports even when it's irrelevant.

In the US, we see "of no fixed address" to point out to readers that it was a homeless person who was arrested.

In Australia, the Perth media sometimes uses the initials "e.s." after the criminal's name just to reassure Bruce and Ethel that it was an "eastern stater" who did it and not a law-abiding local like them.

And the examples go on...

"Transgender" evokes a response from the reader. I think we're going to see headlines like that until that's not the case.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Because it makes the readers feel good that "others" are doing the stealing and p***ing on the street in the society in which they live. It's "the others", not "us regular folk".

The Hong Kong media uses the term "mainlander" in crime reports even when it's irrelevant.

In the US, we see "of no fixed address" to point out to readers that it was a homeless person who was arrested.

In Australia, the Perth media sometimes uses the initials "e.s." after the criminal's name just to reassure Bruce and Ethel that it was an "eastern stater" who did it and not a law-abiding local like them.

And the examples go on...

"Transgender" evokes a response from the reader. I think we're going to see headlines like that until that's not the case.

Well I thought so, but also a general prurient curiosity about the subject, while it grabs media headlines. Stories about theft don't amuse or sexually titillate. Stories about public urination, make one read closely to see wether a penis or a vagina was involved.