7 more provinces classified by the CCSA as “dark red” zones under maximum control

Thaiger

7 more provinces are classified as “dark red” provinces under maximum control, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced today. Tight restrictions in dark red zones were imposed on Monday restricting interprovincial travel, limiting gatherings to no more than 5 people and ordering residents to stay at home from 9pm to 4am. Despite the new restrictions this week, the Covid-19 situation has not improved, and officials are considering imposing more stringent measures to control the spread of the virus, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Information News Division director Pensom Lertsithichai, who gave the daily CCSA report […]

The post 7 more provinces classified by the CCSA as “dark red” zones under maximum control appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 minutes ago, BookShe said:

What will they do if they run out of provinces? Or colors? What is redder than deep red?

A baboons arse. No guesses who fits that description

Despite the new restrictions this week, the Covid-19 situation has not improved, and officials are considering imposing more stringent measures to control the spread of the virus, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Information News Division director Pensom Lertsithichai, who gave the daily CCSA report in English.

It takes about seven days (or more) for the symptoms to even show up. So even the most optimistic scenario would be that caseload starts to decrease very slowly sometime next week. Even if it didn't decrease all next week, that would still be a totally realistic scenario even if these lockdown measures were eliminating covid. Being disappointed at "not seeing results" measly five days into curfew means that these government is out of touch with what to expect.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

It takes about seven days (or more) for the symptoms to even show up. So even the most optimistic scenario would be that caseload starts to decrease very slowly sometime next week. Even if it didn't decrease all next week, that would still be a totally realistic scenario even if these lockdown measures were eliminating covid. Being disappointed at "not seeing results" measly five days into curfew means that these government is out of touch with what to expect.

As I live in Udon Thani, a newly created dark red zone I shall keenly be looking out of my window tonight from 9 pm onwards to see if I can spot those nasty covid carriers. Of course between 4 am and 9pm they don't exist based on this governments logic. Plus of course in any event the lazy arse police wouldn't be out after dark checking for themselves anyway.

22 minutes ago, BookShe said:

What will they do if they run out of provinces? Or colors? What is redder than deep red?

Deep Purple, King Crimson or Black Sabbath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chiang Mai had 76 new cases today, up from 66 yesterday.  ?

3 weeks ago we were bouncing along happily with zero or single digit daily cases.

31 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

3 weeks ago we were bouncing along happily with zero or single digit daily cases.

I guess we can say goodbye to happy bouncy bouncy.

If they have to purchase AZ, which supposed to be locally made, how long do you think Pfizer or Moderna will be available? :( 

Debutant MP Wiroj Lakkhanaadisorn from the opposition Move Forward Party has campaigned relentlessly for full disclosure of the government’s vaccine procurement contracts, insisting that transparency is vital in the fight against COVID-19.

The National Vaccine Institute recently responded by sending Move Forward a copy of a contract for the purchase of 26 million AstraZeneca doses. However, most of the document is blacked out, Wiroj revealed on Monday (July 12).

-----

As for the United States, the Thai Foreign Minister said theMinistry of Foreign Affairs had initiated talks with the U. S. government on vaccine procurement in February this year, and had discussed the matter with the United States Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman, during her official visit to Bangkok on 2nd June.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

... "restricting interprovincial travel" ...

What exactly does that mean?

Does someone stand at a provincial border and count the numbers passing by and stops everyone else after a magic number has passed through?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, M.O. said:

What exactly does that mean?

Does someone stand at a provincial border and count the numbers passing by and stops everyone else after a magic number has passed through?

It means nothing other than "we are repeating the same claptrap as we said last time around."

1 hour ago, BookShe said:

Excuse me for my vulgarity. My wife's period sometimes. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Excuse me for my vulgarity. My wife's period sometimes. 

So hence the government perhaps hoping that these latest restrictions will only last for a short period

44 minutes ago, BookShe said:

If they have to purchase AZ, which supposed to be locally made, how long do you think Pfizer or Moderna will be available? :( 

Safer to buy a lottery ticket than answer those questions.  :(

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

So hence the government perhaps hoping that these latest restrictions will only last for a short period

I'm afraid that this won't be the case here. Unless HolyCow's wife can have an ongoing period for a few months :)      Sorry :))))

Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate is Thailand’s largest industrial estate. Supposedly it contributes to Thailand’s GDP by a lot! Like a lot!

Once Covid is loose in that estate, one of Thailand’s biggest economic drivers is done for. But hey at least tourism is up in Phuket! That was the main priority right?

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Gross dude. These extremer gal times supersede colors. BTW. This week I am very happy now and today.

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Gross dude. These extremer gal times supersede colors. BTW. This week I am very happy now and today.

FYI. That was a rough for me and the family last week-ish plus few days. My 18 yr daughter so far is not no way there that extreme my wife is. Ouch!

Edited by HolyCowCm

48 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate

Huh? When I was project manager of a sub company, I did 2 factory there. 

52 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate is Thailand’s largest industrial estate. Supposedly it contributes to Thailand’s GDP by a lot! Like a lot!

Once Covid is loose in that estate, one of Thailand’s biggest economic drivers is done for. But hey at least tourism is up in Phuket! That was the main priority right?

Did you work this kind of job? Closely? 

3 hours ago, BookShe said:

Debutant MP Wiroj Lakkhanaadisorn from the opposition Move Forward Party has campaigned relentlessly for full disclosure of the government’s vaccine procurement contracts, insisting that transparency is vital in the fight against COVID-19.

The National Vaccine Institute recently responded by sending Move Forward a copy of a contract for the purchase of 26 million AstraZeneca doses. However, most of the document is blacked out, Wiroj revealed on Monday (July 12).

-----

As for the United States, the Thai Foreign Minister said theMinistry of Foreign Affairs had initiated talks with the U. S. government on vaccine procurement in February this year, and had discussed the matter with the United States Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman, during her official visit to Bangkok on 2nd June.

Amazing. You're a really smart gal. I see every thing you are tracking and tracing. My synopsis is probably the identical to your'. Really. we could have some good business discussions.  

4 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Those pesky brikkies, no doubt.

5 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Those pesky brikkies, no doubt.

I and KaptainRob are living in an area in CM. Not the same. Can you please say- Those Pesky Americans too?

• Haha 1

More testing more cases ?

We now know that the PCR test is no longer valid as a way of testing for COVID-19 so why is it be still being used ?

We also know that the recovery rate from Covid exceeds 99 percent so why all this drama.

Singapore has adopted no lockdown and no quarantine and developing their economy.

What is the aim of Thailand.