News Forum - Thai man arrested for selling fake 1,000 baht banknotes

Thaiger

Officers from the Economic Crime Suppression Division (ECD) yesterday arrested a Thai man after discovering he sold fake 1,000 baht banknotes online with a promotion, buy 10 get 1 free. The Bank of Thailand received a complaint about counterfeit banknotes being sold on Twitter and then reported the issue to the EDC and urged for …

The story Thai man arrested for selling fake 1,000 baht banknotes as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

wow. I can only imagine the quality. I hope the 30 customers are identified and hit with heavy penalties. They are as guilty as the arrested person.

• Like 2

I really wonder at the stupidity of the "my crime" posts on Social Media. 

Not so long ago, an Irish woman put out a message on Facebook. She had bought a second-hand car in the north where cars are cheaper, and was now obliged to re-register it as she was resident in the south. This meant that she had to pay import duties on it.

She put out the message on Facebook, explaining that the grace period for registering the car had already expired and did anyone know how she could avoid paying the taxes. The following day, as she drove off her property, she was stopped by Customs Officers, who impounded the car. She then had to pay an additional 250 Euros as a fine, on top of the duty owed.

The rather obvious message is that if you are going to get involved in criminality, consider that if hundreds of people see you posting the sale of forged banknotes etc, there are likely to be many phone calls to the cops about your plans. Far quicker to surrender yourself to the cops, and if you are in a country where police brutality is prevalent, save them a job by beating yourself up too.

Advertising forged banknotes on social media, not the brightest. I wonder if the stupidity of these Thai crooks is why the Thai police are so below par, not much brain required.

• Like 1