News Forum - South African cracks head open in fight over 9,000 baht go-go bar bill in Pattaya

Thaiger

A South African tourist cracked his head open during a fight about a 9,000 baht drinks bill outside a go-go bar on Pattaya’s Walking Street in Chon Buri province, eastern Thailand, last night. Police took him to the station where he agreed to pay. In the middle of the night, officers at Mueang Pattaya Police Station were …

The story South African cracks head open in fight over 9,000 baht go-go bar bill in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A big bill and he might have felt ripped off but sometimes as Kenny Roger's used to sing, you have got to know when to hold them , know when to fold them and know when to walk away. Something very similar happened to me in Manila years ago, except mine was a $600 bill for an hour of drinking with 2 dancers. The mama gave me the bill with her shotgun holding security guard standing behind her. Luckily I was with a local guy who whispered in my ear that we weren't in a part of town with a high level of caring police presence, so pay up and let's get out of there. Lesson learnt for me with no blood letting.

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

When he cracked his head open, was there anything inside? 

Legend has it that an object about the size of a pea was found.

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

A big bill and he might have felt ripped off but sometimes as Kenny Roger's used to sing, you have got to know when to hold them , know when to fold them and know when to walk away. Something very similar happened to me in Manila years ago, except mine was a $600 bill for an hour of drinking with 2 dancers. The mama gave me the bill with her shotgun holding security guard standing behind her. Luckily I was with a local guy who whispered in my ear that we weren't in a part of town with a high level of caring police presence, so pay up and let's get out of there. Lesson learnt for me with no blood letting.

Yeah a long time ago I was in Vietnam and I stupidly followed a MB girl to her place

I get there, then 2 guys come in and say I owe( i think it was 200usd)

I had about $150usd and just gave it to them

Chalk it up to me being stupid and pay

Guy is clearly not the brightest if he racks up a 9000 THB bill in a gogo bar in the first place, and definitely a muppet if he tried to fight the bouncers.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Guy is clearly not the brightest if he racks up a 9000 THB bill in a gogo bar in the first place, and definitely a muppet if he tried to fight the bouncers.

A 9k bill in a go-go is not that outrageous 

I'm not a go-go guy, never have been so I wouldn't be spending 9k

But I've spent that and more at bars in Patong in my early years

I'd say a 9k bill in go-go isn't even that crazy of a night

1 hour ago, Skip said:

The bar owner should be arrested for over serving if 9475b was all his drinks...

That's how these bar owners make their money. High rollers who are trying to drink everyone under the table