Cooking Apples..?

Faraday

Are they available here, coz I ain't never seen any?

I want to make proper apple pie, but using the 'eaters' they turn to mush so quickly & are too sweet 

The pies in Villa are ok, not special though, too much sugar.

Well, Thailand is definitely <checks notes> not a producer of apples (or rhubarb for than matter)... May I suggest trying locally available fruits and see if you can find something as an acceptable substitute. Guava or a green mango might work???

• Haha 1

I'm with Wolf on this one.

Granny Smiths are quite good for pies. 

I've a bag full in the fridge now, as the wife's cousin had bought apples to sell at the fresh market, but the fresh market was shut down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would die for a rhubarb pie but the price of rhubarb when I've seen it in Makro has been ridiculous.

I make a pretty good pumpkin pie from scratch with all raw ingredients, none of that tinned stuff.

shutterstock_331642487.jpg?ar=16:9&auto=

Frozen rhubarb exists but it will turn to mush when cooked,maybe it could be mixed with some local fresh fruit like Chinese pears say.