News Forum - Pattaya’s real estate market soars thanks to Chinese and Russian buyers

Thaiger

Real estate in Pattaya, eastern Thailand, is being snapped up like hotcakes thanks to Russian and Chinese buyers, according to leading real estate developer Habitat Group Co. Ltd. Chief Executive Officer of Habitat Group Chanin Vanichwong revealed today that demand for real estate in Pattaya from both Thai and foreign customers is continually growing, reports …

The story Pattaya’s real estate market soars thanks to Chinese and Russian buyers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And yet there are those who believe that foreign visitors have little impact on Thailand,.. go figure... seems pretty substantial to me

I will wait until a years worth of property turnover details have been released by the land department rather than take a property developers word that sales are booming. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I will wait until a years worth of property turnover details have been released by the land department rather than take a property developers word that sales are booming. 

TIT, any Govt Dept released figures will be scrutinised inside out and changed before release to preserve face to any predictions, political conjecture etc.

So, the property developers just may be closer to reality. 😃

23 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

This was just a big discussion at the dinner table with my family as I brought it up. They didn't know how bad it was and are pretty upset hearing this but are not surpised of the invasion as it was said by my wife that the Chinese are very cunning and brutal how they do things. Wife also said that the goverment will get them if it is shifty like using proxies but nothing they can do about doing it through false marriages. I beg to differ in that there will be a blind eye turned to it. My son said the report he knows about is there is an only Chinese school in the making. Yep, only Chinese are allowed to go. So it stand to reason is that it is an invasion or assault on taking over areas. Yeah I know, harsh words.

Funny, but my wife brought up the instance of my home city area in the USA and how she even was floored by how many Chinese there were the few times I took her there. She thought it was out of control there, but for Thailand, we aint seen nothing yet.

Make no mistake, for those who have skin in the game this is great news. The Chinese fuelled the real estate boom in Australia. Those already in the market saw their property values skyrocket. Not so good for those trying to gain a foothold in the market.

1 hour ago, Khunmark said:

Make no mistake, for those who have skin in the game this is great news. The Chinese fuelled the real estate boom in Australia. Those already in the market saw their property values skyrocket. Not so good for those trying to gain a foothold in the market.

Yes and the same happened in my home town in the Bay Area California. I prospers but could never ever move back. Out of my grasp now. As for being great news, it is certainly not great news and it worries me for my kids and their children. I say kick all these unscrupulous Chinese property investor buyers out and seize their assets. Nothing more than a bunch of ticks. I am more or less ok with the ones who are honest and buy like a condo for themselves (not investment), but they need to have a nationality buyers cap in place to limit them in numbers. Their fault the have a couple of billion people, not anyone else’s. 

I would gather the majority of the buyers are just bad eggs. 

15 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes and the same happened in my home town in the Bay Area California. I prospers but could never ever move back. Out of my grasp now. As for being great news, it is certainly not great news and it worries me for my kids and their children. I say kick all these unscrupulous Chinese property investor buyers out and seize their assets. Nothing more than a bunch of ticks. I am more or less ok with the ones who are honest and buy like a condo for themselves (not investment), but they need to have a nationality buyers cap in place to limit them in numbers. Their fault the have a couple of billion people, not anyone else’s. 

I would gather the majority of the buyers are just bad eggs

Your last sentence pretty much sums up where you’re coming from. Do you evidence of this, or is it just a hunch because you dislike Chinese folk?

2 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Your last sentence pretty much sums up where you’re coming from. Do you evidence of this, or is it just a hunch because you dislike Chinese folk?

Well, it has been stated time and time again in the media for who or what type of groups are buying up the market here and how they are doing it. Have you not been following press releases? It is no big secret. They in parts of the USA have been also doing it under the same guise and method. And FYI, I am certainly biased against any race from any country that has the gaul to do things undehanded and as sneaky as they do. So I am not a fan of any race or country that undermines things and proliferates areas like it is a take over. No better than infiltration but not refugee based. And of course USA companies and people are included, but you don't see tyhis happening from anyone excpet the good ole chinese which I suspect some of it is CCP driven.

7 hours ago, Poolie said:

Tremendous news for the housing market in Thailand, that's for sure.

As someone said above, for a tiny fraction of the populaiton

Vancouver sold out to foreign buyers(mostly Chinese) and screwed generations of their own people who will never be able to afford a home

Oh and by the way, for a vast majority of foreigners who don't even actually live in their real estate purchases

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

As someone said above, for a tiny fraction of the populaiton

Vancouver sold out to foreign buyers(mostly Chinese) and screwed generations of their own people who will never be able to afford a home

Oh and by the way, for a vast majority of foreigners who don't even actually live in their real estate purchases

More reason to rejoice then?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

More reason to rejoice then?

No, they are taking up real estate that should go to the citizens 

I have no issue with Chinese or anyone moving to Canada and becoming part of the community

Actually I don't even get into the whole Chinese or anyone has to assimilate, because a lot of ancestors didn't assimilate

So there are parts of Vancouver that are basically China and I am 100% fine with that because they are genuinely living here

But they should be living here and be genuine residents 

On 5/12/2023 at 1:54 AM, Marc26 said:

No, they are taking up real estate that should go to the citizens 

I have no issue with Chinese or anyone moving to Canada and becoming part of the community

Actually I don't even get into the whole Chinese or anyone has to assimilate, because a lot of ancestors didn't assimilate

So there are parts of Vancouver that are basically China and I am 100% fine with that because they are genuinely living here

But they should be living here and be genuine residents 

Well, you'd need to consult the sinophobiacs hereabouts on that.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:21 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Well this is not good news. But at least CM they are staying away from. 

I don't believe a word of it.  From what I see, note, hear  and know about, the report is a massive exaggeration of what is going on.   

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 2:46 PM, Poolie said:

Tremendous news for the housing market in Thailand, that's for sure.

Its not, because its not true , a BS report 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Do tell?

Pretty sure China came up with restrictions about moving money out of the country. But of course there are always ways of circumventing such rules.

Do you think it's a good idea that Chinese oligarchs are moving such hefty amounts out of the country and can you think of a reason why they might do it? 

Sure, when your home country is a repressive, murderous dictatorship, like Russia and China, people want a place to escape to for when the time comes.