News Forum - Prominent Pattaya hotelier urges next Thai government to extend tourism-subsidy scheme

Thaiger

A prominent Pattaya hotelier has urged the next Thai government to extend its tourism-subsidy scheme in an effort to promote domestic travel. Yuwathida Jeerapat, managing director for J Pattaya Hotel Group, expressed confidence that the “We Travel Together” programme, launched in 2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic, has positively impacted domestic tourism. The latest round of …

The story Prominent Pattaya hotelier urges next Thai government to extend tourism-subsidy scheme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With the sky high prices most hotels have been charging this year, they should be lowering their prices, instead of asking for government funding!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rambler said:

With the sky high prices most hotels have been charging this year, they should be lowering their prices, instead of asking for government funding!

You must be looking in the wrong places

I was there pretty much there tail end of high season and prices were in line with what I have always paid

In the high end and local market

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You must be looking in the wrong places

I was there pretty much there tail end of high season and prices were in line with what I have always paid

In the high end and local market

There is no 'high season' in Thailand, there hasn't  been one for very many years. Its a myth that disappeared with cheap long haul travel, but perpetuated by a hospitality sector to try to up prices. Domestic tourism is now doing the same thing and that is not season specific.  

On 5/6/2023 at 4:12 AM, Thaiger said:

. Yuwathida Jeerapat, managing director for J Pattaya Hotel Group, expressed confidence that the “We Travel Together” programme, launched in 2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic, has positively impacted domestic tourism

Of course. 

Meaning, it has positive impact on hotels, they can rise (or hold)  the prices, b/c the program is paying  part of them

One way, to make up for the bad times in 2020 and 21

10 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Of course. 

Meaning, it has positive impact on hotels, they can rise (or hold)  the prices, b/c the program is paying  part of them

One way, to make up for the bad times in 2020 and 21

I've been paying the same prices for hotels pretty much the last 10 years

It really is unfathomable that anyone could have an issue with hotel prices in Thailand 

And sorry, if you don't, you are just wanting to moan

Thailand probably has the best value for money hotels in all sorts of price ranges 

36 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

There is no 'high season' in Thailand, there hasn't  been one for very many years. Its a myth that disappeared with cheap long haul travel, but perpetuated by a hospitality sector to try to up prices. Domestic tourism is now doing the same thing and that is not season specific.  

I was there in Phuket in early March 

Stayed in Kamala 

Not one empty table on the beach bar/restaurants most nights

We went into Patong one night and there wasn't space to walk down beach road

Bangkok, absolutely packed everywhere we went 

There is a high season and early March isn't even "high season"

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I was there in Phuket in early March 

Stayed in Kamala 

Not one empty table on the beach bar/restaurants most nights

We went into Patong one night and there wasn't space to walk down beach road

Bangkok, absolutely packed everywhere we went 

There is a high season and early March isn't even "high season"

And who were they?  I would make a good guess at Russian cowards, Chinese, Indians and Thai's. Nothing to do with the time of the year. Lets see if all those people disappear from view in the supposed 'low season', they won't of course.  As the Thais seem to be having a long weekend every three weeks, that trend will continue.  

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

And who were they?  I would make a good guess at Russian cowards, Chinese, Indians and Thai's. Nothing to do with the time of the year. Lets see if all those people disappear from view in the supposed 'low season', they won't of course.  As the Thais seem to be having a long weekend every three weeks, that trend will continue.  

None of that makes any sense 

So none of those tourists count ad tourists???

Ok