News Forum - Thailand welcomes 8.5 million foreign tourists so far this year

Thaiger

Thailand welcomed over 8.5 million foreign tourists in the first four months of 2023, generating revenue of 353 billion baht, according to data from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports. Government spokesperson Anucha Buraphachaisri revealed today that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha was delighted to hear about the strong recovery of Thailand’s tourism sector from January …

The story Thailand welcomes 8.5 million foreign tourists so far this year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And yet this according to one member of this forum means nothing to Thailand and TAT as they run programs for Thais only

59 minutes ago, Skip said:

And yet this according to one member of this forum means nothing to Thailand and TAT as they run programs for Thais only

That member was me

And it is still an absolute idiotic take that TAT shouldn't market for domestic tourism

The fact you are "insulted " is ridiculous, but not surprising with Thai expats.

Oh and you haven't told me where you are from so I could provide you with 100 ads from your country promoting domestic tourism 

22 hours ago, Marc26 said:

That member was me

And it is still an absolute idiotic take that TAT shouldn't market for domestic tourism

The fact you are "insulted " is ridiculous, but not surprising with Thai expats.

Oh and you haven't told me where you are from so I could provide you with 100 ads from your country promoting domestic tourism 

I live full time in Thailand... have for years... so shouldn't I be considered a domestic and a domestic tourist as I travel.  Oh wait... I'll never be accepted by the closed off Thai TAT