Thailand News Today | More travel restrictions, cocktail vaccines, gold price surges | July 15

Thaiger

Those who aren’t vaccinated against Covid-19, and are travelling from a “dark red” or “red” province, won’t be allowed to enter Phuket. Meanwhile, 3 more visitors to Phuket have turned in positive Covid tests in the past 24 hours. The Chon Buri Governor has announced that 2 more factories and a construction worker camp will be closed after Covid clusters surfaced at the locations. The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation is suing the chairman of the Thonburi Healthcare Group and a Thai mathematician, both who have criticised the procurement of the Moderna vaccine. A record daily high of 98 coronavirus-related deaths was […]

The post Thailand News Today | More travel restrictions, cocktail vaccines, gold price surges | July 15 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand News Today item: GPO files defamation charge against Thonburi, as Thonburi accuses them of blocking delivery (and other offences) over Moderna vaccine.... you'd really hope that Thonburi hospitals (/Boon Vanasin) had really strong legally-acceptable evidence before making their accusations (certainly enough evidence to destroy a defamation case). If they did not, Thonburi have just exacerbated the woeful ineptitude of the overall Thai health system bureaucracy, and delayed the availability of Moderna even further.

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Those who aren’t vaccinated against Covid-19, and are travelling from a “dark red” or “red” province, won’t be allowed to enter Phuket....

A minute or so into the Thailand News Today broadcast, The Thaiger also popped up a colour-coded map (see image) of COVID risk categorization, by province, dated 13 July... -most of the provinces were designated "red", or a darker colour. This has changed since the previous map I saw early July, and I would be interested if anyone can send me a link to whichever website it's published on, because I've searched TAT, MOPH, and DDC sites, and it eludes me.

20210713 Thailand COVID map.JPG