News Forum - Rise in Covid-19 inpatients and deaths expected to increase during Thailand’s rainy season

Thaiger

The number of Covid-19 inpatients in Thailand increased to 1,811 in the last week of April, up from 1,088 in the previous week. Meanwhile, related deaths doubled from 5 to 10 over the same period, as reported by the Department of Disease Control (DDC). These figures saw a rise two weeks after the Songkran festival …

The story Rise in Covid-19 inpatients and deaths expected to increase during Thailand’s rainy season as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I expect that  a great many of these  in patients do not need to be in the hospital.  It would be helpful to know their demographics and vaccine status.

There is no fear propaganda here. All that was done was to report some facts: That there was an increase in the  number of hospital in patients and that the number of deaths related to covid  had increased by 100%. What is propaganda or all covid all the time?  I get it that you are still in denial about covid, but that does not mean  facts  cannot be reported.

What would have been helpful from the  Thai CDC was the status of the in house patients. If they were mostly unvaccinated people as is the situation in the EU and  Americas, we would be able to  make our own risk assessment. If the patients were over the age of 65, and if they were  staying for more than a few days, that would help too.

• Like 1

Went to my local hospital last Friday for a free booster, absolutely no one else was there to get one. Maybe I'm over cautious (UK visit next week) but think people are just sick of the subject after two years. Lets hope we don't restart the whole cycle again for the next two years. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Went to my local hospital last Friday for a free booster, absolutely no one else was there to get one. Maybe I'm over cautious (UK visit next week) but think people are just sick of the subject after two years. Lets hope we don't restart the whole cycle again for the next two years. 

Out of interest what were you given?

Had a bad time with Pfizer, prefer Astra Zenica, less side effects.

Complacency has set in, and it will be hard to shift.

The local hospital had Pfizer only this time but previously a choice of AZ, Pfizer or Moderna . I now had all 3 without any issues after.

Living in a small village in NE Isaan I think many locals think they are safe and that's why the take up is very low. I fully expect to catch it in the UK where it's running amok and nobody cares.