News Forum - Teenage motorbike racer killed in tragic accident in Banglamung

Thaiger

A tragic accident in Banglamung claimed the life of a 14 year old teenage motorbike racer after he collided with a trailer truck. The incident unfolded on Highway 36 Road in front of an international school in Nong Plalai on a recent Saturday morning. Emergency responders and local news personnel converged on the scene, where …

The story Teenage motorbike racer killed in tragic accident in Banglamung as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Blame their parents for the improper upbringing and  server punishment for the owner of the motorcycle as it is pretty obvious that those bikes doesn't belong to the teenagers. 

• Like 2

Far too many unlicensed kids riding motorbikes in Thailand and far too little done to stop it by the police. Yet another tragedy waiting to happen due to unenforced laws by the RTP.

• Like 3

I hope that the deceased's organs were made available  for other teenagers in dire need of a transplant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

I hope that the deceased's organs were made available  for other teenagers in dire need of a transplant.

That’s a nice thought. I hope a good comes out of a sad mistake too. 

• Like 2

RIP. I hear motorcycle racers every nite, flogging their engines at max speed, with absolute disregard for other road users and pedestrians trying to cross roads. I hope some teenagers learn from his death and curb their speeding before they or other innocent people are killed or maimed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Vigo said:

In a high speed impact such as that, internal organs can be ripped away, flattened, severely damaged ... The term 'chopped liver' comes to mind. 

Witnessing the aftermath of serious accidents ensured an early finish to biking for me.

• Like 1

a tragic reminder of the importance of road safety, proper licensing and the use of appropriate safety equipment, particularly for those involved in high-speed racing activities

Sadly, the Government and other authorities concerned with ruling and policing of this fail miserably.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

In a high speed impact such as that, internal organs can be ripped away, flattened, severely damaged ... The term 'chopped liver' comes to mind. 

Witnessing the aftermath of serious accidents ensured an early finish to biking for me.

Well it was a hope. Sometimes  something is there, and what better way to make amends for a horrible event than to save someone else's life. I just hate these stories of  kids dying so young.

• Like 1

Darwinism. Sorry, but sometimes lessons have to be learned and they can be harsh. I have no sympathy for the deceased because this accident was completely avoidable. The truck driver isn't at fault, it's the selfish teenagers who got themselves into this situation. We'll be reading about another similar story again tomorrow and the next day and next week. No one here cares, so I'm not going to pretend to either. 

You've got to ask, where were the parents? Parents like these should not be allowed to raise children. 

Does Thailand have a CPS? Normally, I'm totally against CPS in most cases, but Thailand could desperately use such a service as I see too many parents here not fit to raise children. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Well it was a hope. Sometimes  something is there, and what better way to make amends for a horrible event than to save someone else's life. I just hate these stories of  kids dying so young.

Neither the government nor your average Thai cares, so why should we expend our energy trying to fight for justice or prevent this from happening when we're powerless to do anything? There is no political will to change anything so I've stopped caring. I just read these stories and go "hmm another one" and move on. 

It will never change here.

Only thing you can do is to drive a car rather than a motorcycle, particularly after dark, be aware of your surroundings and have good medical insurance. Avoid known motorcycle racing hotspots and drive carefully. 

The important thing is we take care of our lives first and foremost, and not be too concerned about other people who seem to be incapable of taking care of theirs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

Neither the government nor your average Thai cares, so why should we expend our energy trying to fight for justice or prevent this from happening when we're powerless to do anything? There is no political will to change anything so I've stopped caring. I just read these stories and go "hmm another one" and move on. 

It will never change here.

Only thing you can do is to drive a car rather than a motorcycle, particularly after dark, be aware of your surroundings and have good medical insurance. Avoid known motorcycle racing hotspots and drive carefully. 

The important thing is we take care of our lives first and foremost, and not be too concerned about other people who seem to be incapable of taking care of theirs. 

Some of us have kids in Thailand that we need to worry about

Or other loved ones that could be injured by these drivers 

• Like 2