News Forum - US president Joe Biden laughs off age jokes at the White House dinner

Thaiger

United States President Joe Biden exhibited good humour as he faced a series of playful jabs about his age at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner. Biden laughed off the jokes, even managing to deliver some jokes of his own. Prominent figures from Washington’s political and media scene convened in the US capital for the …

The story US president Joe Biden laughs off age jokes at the White House dinner as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If 2024 ends up as Biden vs Trump it is going to be a hugely entertaining comedy, both camps shouting into their respective echo chambers, Trump made out as the anti-Christ's grandfather, and Biden as a senile old fool.

• Like 1

United States President Joe Biden exhibited good humour as he faced a series of playful jabs about his age at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner. 

We can`t be certain about the thing with the humor.

It just may have been an advice "Joe, Joe, Just, eh.., Joe, wake up, I have to tell you: During the dinner, just laugh about it. look at me or ...., and if we start smiling, just laugh. Joe, open your eyes, please, Mr. President. 

We will explain the jokes to you, later on!"

But on the other hands, I know a 86 years old woman, who is giggling about everything, even true words, that usually hurt.

13 hours ago, Smiler said:

Sorry to say this but Biden should be in an old folks home he is embarrassing on times I almost feel sorry for him. 

Sounds like you're the one with the problem, not him.  He doesn't need your sympathy.  I hope I'm as active as he is when I'm in my 80s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augratin said:

Sounds like you're the one with the problem, not him.  He doesn't need your sympathy.  I hope I'm as active as he is when I'm in my 80s.

Meh, don't take most expats in Thailand seriously.  Never been a Joe Biden fan, even until now, but IMO, he's doing fine.  Not difficult considering the last guy's performance.  USA definitely dodged a bullet by giving Trump the old heave ho.  Whew! 😬

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Augratin said:

I don’t have the problem? do you honestly think that the leader of the free world should be a geriatric? He obviously has some serious problems, there are countless examples of his blunders on YouTube take a look and open your eyes. I don’t have a problem with the guy but he should in no way be in the position he is, and to announce he will run again?? 

On 4/30/2023 at 7:31 PM, Augratin said:

But it's ridiculous he is the only option 

I actually think he can do the job and his legislative achievements prove that

But he had clearly lost a step or 3

Yes he's fit in that he can ride a bike 

But to not admit he's lost a step is a bit ridiculous 

And I will vote for him again but wish their was a better choice 

• Like 1