How long goes it take to get a SETV?

This was really helpful (below). I plan to get the SETV for my longer trip for ~Sept-Nov (after a 10 day trip this summer) as I may be there longer than 60 days.   Seems easier than doing a run out of country (though I may also do a side trip to Vietnam anyway but suspect that does NOT impact my SETV).

Any idea how long it takes for them to process this and let me know?

And it is just an electronic notice so that the IO person knows when I arrive and go through the line and they stamp my PP?

Or do I get something to print to show the IO?

Oh and how does 1 extend the 30 days?   At Immigration office or can run out of country and get stamped?

Thanks.

SETV (Single entry tourist visa).
Issued on the basis of tourism.
Valid to enter Thailand for 3 months from the date of issue.
Permits a stay of 60 days on entry.
The permit of stay can be extended one time for a further 30 days, and an additional 60 days for visiting Thai family/spouse.

Edited by Dezmo

8 hours ago, Dezmo said:

This was really helpful (below). I plan to get the SETV for my longer trip for ~Sept-Nov (after a 10 day trip this summer) as I may be there longer than 60 days.   Seems easier than doing a run out of country (though I may also do a side trip to Vietnam anyway but suspect that does NOT impact my SETV).

This is a single entry visa, which will be used on entry.
If you intend to take a side trip during the 60 days, you'll need a re-entry permit from your local Immigration office.

8 hours ago, Dezmo said:

Any idea how long it takes for them to process this and let me know?

Varies dependent on where you apply and submitting the correct documentation.
Usually should take between 5 - 14 days.

8 hours ago, Dezmo said:

And it is just an electronic notice so that the IO person knows when I arrive and go through the line and they stamp my PP?

Or do I get something to print to show the IO?

Once approved, you'll be able to print the visa and affix it in your passport.

8 hours ago, Dezmo said:

Oh and how does 1 extend the 30 days?   At Immigration office or can run out of country and get stamped?

Either.
You can extend your stay for 30 days at your local Immigration office (1,900 BHT), or do a border run and enter VE for a further 30 days.

Thanks.  When I start the process on the https://thaievisa.go.th/ website (answer the questions) I end up at the  "Tourist Visa =  Tourism, short visit or medical" page. (See below.)

I assume the evidence of adequate finance is just my local bank statement (I do not need to open a Thai bank account).

It says SEV - is this referring to both the SETV and METV referenced here?

I don't see anything there about needing a re-entry permit needed if I leave within te 60 days...

-----------------------------------------------

Required Document

(Please check relevant embassy/ consulate's website for specifically required documents)

• 1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
  • 2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.
  • 3. Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).
  • 4. Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

Required Document

The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.

Period of Stay

Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.