News Forum - TAT expects more Chinese and Thai tourists in Phuket for labour day weekend

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) expects more Chinese and Thai tourists to visit Thailand’s picturesque island province of Phuket during the labour day weekend. TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn reported a 60% improvement in tourism from January to March 2023 compared to the same period last year, with 6,518,578 foreign visitors generating 334.7 million baht. …

The story TAT expects more Chinese and Thai tourists in Phuket for labour day weekend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I’m in China and I wish I had the contact information for the government agency that oversees the Thai Embassy and Consulates here. Literally thousands of Chinese have been turned down for simple Tourist Visas for no reason other then the terrible e-Visa website. You can literally call a Consulate non-stop for the entire day and no one picks up the phones in Kunming, Xiamen, Chengdu or Beijing. Its impossible to find out why your Visa application has been turned down. Its not just the usual horrible Customer Service that China is famous for its ten times worse. 

Here's a number and address for the MOFA. Any good?

443 Sri Ayudhya Rd., Bangkok 10400

Tel : (+66) 2643-5166

Fax : (+66) 2643-5167

48 minutes ago, Chentwo said:

I’m in China and I wish I had the contact information for the government agency that oversees the Thai Embassy and Consulates here.

Thailand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

49 minutes ago, Chentwo said:

Literally thousands of Chinese have been turned down for simple Tourist Visas for no reason other then the terrible e-Visa website.

They don't give a reason, but usually it's for not uploading the correct documents.

Depending on your nationality, you may be able to enter VE (Visa exempt) which grants a stay of 30 days and can be extended for a further 30 days.