News Forum - Travel opportunities for retirees in Thailand 2023

Thaiger

Travel opportunities for retirees in Thailand are abundant, offering a perfect blend of relaxation, adventure, and cultural experiences. As a retiree, you can explore the fascinating history, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine, and immerse yourself in friendly local customs. With its stunning landscapes, from pristine beaches to lush mountains, Thailand caters to every traveler’s taste. So, …

The story Travel opportunities for retirees in Thailand 2023 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One thing you could usefully investigate and report on is why the single entry Non-Immigrant O visa, which my wife and I annually take as UK state pensioners, is not extendable beyond its 90 days.

Each winter we spend 3 months (the 90 days) in Thailand but would like to spend 4 or 5 months. That would be at least 33% more of our money spent in the Thai economy than now.  However, I've been to Immigration in Krabi twice now to be told the only way is to do a visa run.  Ludicrous given a) as UK citizens we are allowed 30 days visa exemption anyway, but can't use it before or after the visa period; b) the need to 'save the planet' - why have to return fly somewhere to have my passport stamped on re-entry at the same airport I left? and c) our age - we're not up to 'visa runs'.

Any advice welcome.  Both Thai Immigration and Embassy have no answer as to why Thailand doesn't make it easier for retirees to stay longer / spend more.