News Forum - Singapore ignores UN’s pleas and executes man over 1kg of cannabis

Thaiger

Singapore ignored pleas from the United Nations and executed a man this morning found guilty of conspiring to traffic one kilogramme of cannabis. At dawn, 46 year old Tangaraju Suppiah was hanged at Changi Prison in eastern Singapore, the Singapore Prison Service reported. His family received his body and a death certificate at the prison …

The story Singapore ignores UN’s pleas and executes man over 1kg of cannabis as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Without knowing the ins and outs of this guys trial and access to defence etc. IF he was legitimately convicted of a crime that carries the death penalty then fair play to Singapore. Simple really if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

• Like 1

I will stand on the other side of the fence and say that Singapore sucks. Never liked the place and this is a travesty they could kill someone for a kg of weed. 

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Singapore ignored pleas from the United Nations and executed a man this morning found guilty of conspiring to traffic one kilogramme of cannabis. At dawn, 46 year old Tangaraju Suppiah was hanged at Changi Prison in eastern Singapore, the Singapore Prison Service reported. His family received his body and a death certificate at the prison …

The story Singapore ignores UN’s pleas and executes man over 1kg of cannabis as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Kill One to Warn a Hundred"

Laws on drugs are very harsh in Singapore. That is what Singapore wants to portray as a drug free country to fight against drugs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HiuMak said:

"Kill One to Warn a Hundred"

Laws on drugs are very harsh in Singapore. That is what Singapore wants to portray as a drug free country to fight against drugs.

I understand it but do not agree with it. It is alsmot just as illegal to carry 50 packs of chewing gum into the country as well. 

19 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I understand it but do not agree with it. It is alsmot just as illegal to carry 50 packs of chewing gum into the country as well. 

I reckon the reason for chewing gum is to keep the Singapore clean.

The very strict ban of drugs is to protect the children, teenagers and to deter harmful social issues to Singapore's Citizens and Residences.

Gums and Drugs are not an apple to apple comparison in this case.

The maximum penalty and consequences by law on the above 2 items are very different. Just my 2 cents.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

The death penalty for a kilo of the herb superb is despicable.
That said, this guy had a history of f**king around and he found out. 

Tangaraju had been to prison several times for marijuana consumption and other marijuana offences, and was said to be a user of it since he was 12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangaraju_Suppiah

Ok, now that is the cherry on the top point I can bite into. He knew the consequences and apid dearly.