News Forum - China moves to regulate ChatGPT-like AI chatbots

Thaiger

The Chinese government is moving to regulate the nation’s burgeoning chatbot industry, taking a cautious approach to the technology in order to maintain tight control over its development. The draft rules unveiled by the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) this month, which will affect artificial intelligence (AI) systems like ChatGPT used to generate text and …

The story China moves to regulate ChatGPT-like AI chatbots as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I just bet they are.  I imagine they are shitting themselves that they may lose control over some aspect of their people's lives.  They are a bunch of deeply unattractive, paranoid  control  nutters. 

• Like 2

These AI chat bots, somehow, are only sentient enough to emulate a bullshitting human. I was discussing with a zoologist, their supised sentience. And despite the supposed status of these bots as AI, and their ability to formulate posts by linguistic rules (ie. 'speech' is by instinct not intelligence) they show less sentience than do the insects. 

LOL.

1st:

"...must adhere to the Chinese Communist Party’s censorship guidelines, avoiding materials that tarnish China’s leaders or delve into prohibited history."

Then:

"...chatbot creators must ensure their products produce truthful content"

• Like 1