News Forum - Asoke Bangkok: The best place to live in Thailand 2023

Thaiger

Asoke Bangkok, located in the heart of Thailand’s vibrant capital city, is an area that offers the best of both worlds – a perfect blend of modern urban life and traditional Thai culture. Known for its bustling commercial district and lively nightlife, Asoke is a popular destination for locals and ex-pats alike, offering an array …

The story Asoke Bangkok: The best place to live in Thailand 2023 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 hours ago, BigHewer said:

The best place to stay in Bangkok. Yep. The best place to live inThailand? Err… no.

Well depends what you want for lifestyle

I stayed a bit down Soi 16 and I would absolutely be happy living there permanently

It was quiet, at times I would never have to leave Soi 16 and unless I wanted to, wouldn't have to go to Suk

Plenty of places in all the connecting Sois

I loved it.........but I am a city guy

• Like 1

If I were to live in BKK, in another life, I'd choose either Asoke or Suk11. 

Where M26 stayed on Suk16 is certainly quiet and a scooter is essential for getting around as it's a long walk to the BTS although only a 20baht motorcy taxi ride.

Top end of 16 would be my choice, still quiet, but only 100m from BTS and Foodland and 7-11's.  Foodland, a supermarket, also has a dine-in restaurant which is a cut above regular food courts yet cheap enough for daily meals.

Suk11 can be very noisy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

If I were to live in BKK, in another life, I'd choose either Asoke or Suk11. 

Where M26 stayed on Suk16 is certainly quiet and a scooter is essential for getting around as it's a long walk to the BTS although only a 20baht motorcy taxi ride.

Top end of 16 would be my choice, still quiet, but only 100m from BTS and Foodland and 7-11's.  Foodland, a supermarket, also has a dine-in restaurant which is a cut above regular food courts yet cheap enough for daily meals.

Suk11 can be very noisy.

No way I'd live on Soi 11

Way too busy and sometimes it's even hard to walk on the sidewalk on the left hand side

I rented a MB last time when I stayed on Soi 16 and it was great

I wish I had the Pic of the Soi I rented the MB

It was right around K-Sqaure and you would never know you were in BKK

Although no places on that Soi

Which is my preference

Walkable places 

I am also a city guy, but Soi 11 would be too noisy and also too busy though everything is close by.  Occasionally my wife & I will stay at the Holiday Inn on Soi 11 when I have a morning appointment at the hospital  and want to avoid morning traffic to raise my blood pressure 😂 or meeting up with friends when they come into town. Our condo is just outside Bangkok limits with only a 7/11 and a few Thai restaurants which isn’t what farang tourists want to see when they come to Thailand, but it is quieter somewhat minus the occasional motorbikes without mufflers.

Again, if one is a city guy, some parts of Asoke might be a better option.  Like everything else in the world city life isn’t for everyone.  We stay up north in the province for a month or two with my wife’s family home which has rice fields all around, but it is quite noisy from the trucks on the road and almost every motorbike seems to not have a muffler. Maybe the windows on the house don’t block outside noise as well as the city condo windows??  I saw on some YouTuber videos where they rent homes down on the islands for a month or so to get away from the noise and also the air pollution up north or in the cities during burning season.  They look like they could be a quiet option for a couple of months.

14 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

I am also a city guy, but Soi 11 would be too noisy and also too busy though everything is close by.  Occasionally my wife & I will stay at the Holiday Inn on Soi 11

I did say Suk11 is noisy.

A Hyde Park rear (west facing) quiet apartment on a high floor would be my pick.  Easy access to good bars and restaurants + BTS ... if one were to live in the city centre you may as well be walking distance to everything.

I don't really like apartment living although my Gold Coast and Auckland units were very central compared with an earlier Sydney apartment which required car or train to go everywhere.

• Like 1