News Forum - Thailand’s heatwave nears end, rainy season looms

Thaiger

Thailand’s hot season approaches its conclusion as the rainy season is set to begin in mid-May, according to the country’s Meteorological Department. The hot season peaked on April 15, when the temperature reached a record high of 44.6°C in Tak. Deputy director-general Thanasit Iam-ananchai has stated that throughout the weekend, daily heat indices or apparent …

The story Thailand’s heatwave nears end, rainy season looms as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Do any of us believe this? I don't.  I have a horrible gut feeling ( which history shows me is as good as the Thai Met service) that we are going to roast until mid to late August, at least here in the East. This seems to accord with the macro reports and forecasts from other World Met services. We're doomed I tell you, doomed. 

• Haha 1

Can deal with a few months of higher temps and freakish weather events as long as there's a good rain season waiting on the other side to keep the reservoirs topped up.   Previous years-long drought was a real drag. 😐

Terrible public announcements by the officials. One day we are doomed and the next day we are not. No one knows so they need to shut up and quit putting out usless garbage statements. From my perspective, this year in CM is hot, but there have been years in the past that have been super hot as well. Wait and see, but we will have rain.

Hard to believe anything in the news these days.  Maybe these are doom & gloom auditions for the current news vacancies over in America at CNN & Fox 🥴

Apologies, as my sarcastic self couldn’t help spinning the rumor here. 🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

Hard to believe anything in the news these days.  Maybe these are doom & gloom auditions for the current news vacancies over in America at CNN & Fox 🥴

Apologies, as my sarcastic self couldn’t help spinning the rumor here. 🤣🤣

You can believe my prediction 🤪

:- 2023 will see drought in some regions whilst localised monsoon rains cause floods elsewhere.  Damaging storms with high winds and hail will occur as a result of El Nino and typhoons may extend their effect into southern provinces and the Gulf.

It will be a hotter year all round SEA and crop production, therefore rural communities, will suffer.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Samlee said:

I've had enough of the daily 40 degrees Celcius. I would love the rain to start falling now.

It rained where i live today, temperature before the rain 38 degrees, temperature during the rain 34 degrees, temp after, back to 38. Not a lot of difference to be honest.