News Forum - Thailand considers providing free e-cigarettes following England’s strategy

Thaiger

Thailand’s End Cigarette Smoke Thailand (ECST) Group has praised the UK’s efforts to provide free vaping kits and its focus on preventing minors from accessing e-cigarettes. This positive response follows England’s recent announcement of a £45 million budget for the distribution of vaping kits to reduce smoking rates. The campaign includes a further £3 million …

The story Thailand considers providing free e-cigarettes following England’s strategy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Never mind free just make it legal. Also shops which sell legitimate oils not some stuff made in a bathtub.

That would cut off a lucrative revenue stream for the RTP, though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

That would cut off a lucrative revenue stream for the RTP, though.

I do not care Grumps. They have other opportunities for generating income.

The only thing they should consider is banning this cancer-cocktail delivery mechanism and enforcing it. You can't go out to any night venue anymore without getting vapor blown in your face. At least with cigarettes there are smoke-free areas - but people vaping seem to think that does not apply to them. Really wish more is done to enforce non-smoking in non-smoking areas!

56 minutes ago, Pinga said:

The only thing they should consider is banning this cancer-cocktail delivery mechanism and enforcing it. You can't go out to any night venue anymore without getting vapor blown in your face. At least with cigarettes there are smoke-free areas - but people vaping seem to think that does not apply to them. Really wish more is done to enforce non-smoking in non-smoking areas!

Cancer-cocktail delivery mechanism - no, about the only common component between tobacco and e-liquid is nicotine, and that is not what causes cancer, it many of the other chemicals in tobacco that are the culprits. But I agree that the clouds of vapour can be annoying, I stick to smoking areas with mine, and also have a much smaller unit to use when I am out and about, one that produces much less vapour than the one I use at home.

• Like 1

This initiative forms part of the UK government’s broader commitment to reduce England’s smoking rate to below 5% by 2030.

And this 5% should then pay the 10-12 billion of tobacco tax, GB is earning a year, at time?

No one in governments really wants people to stop smoking.

Because , like alcohol and gasoline (uh, the e-cars will drive the power taxes, as soon they are majority and no other cars allowed to bring new on the roads), that are tax cows.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:00 PM, Guest1 said:

This initiative forms part of the UK government’s broader commitment to reduce England’s smoking rate to below 5% by 2030.

And this 5% should then pay the 10-12 billion of tobacco tax, GB is earning a year, at time?

No one in governments really wants people to stop smoking.

Because , like alcohol and gasoline (uh, the e-cars will drive the power taxes, as soon they are majority and no other cars allowed to bring new on the roads), that are tax cows.

Yes, they do want "some" to stop, so to reduce the cost of smoking related diseases to the NHS, but they know some won't. So they will do as they have been doing for many years: increasing the price hugely. So the ones who won't quit will simply pay more for it so more tax and therefore they will make up for the ones who did stop. Price of cigarettes has more than doubled since 2010. Less smokers and future costly NHS patients (hence this cheap free vaping kits campaign) but same tax revenues from cigarettes: that's the target and has always been. Same goes for alcohol.