News Forum - Thai visa types and requirements guide

Thaiger

If you’re planning to travel to Thailand for any reason, whether it’s for tourism, business, or visiting friends and family, you will need to obtain a Thai visa. A visa is a legal document that allows you to enter and stay in Thailand for a specific period of time. The Thai government offers several types …

The story Thai visa types and requirements guide as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Surprised there is no mention of the 10 year LTR  visa offered by the BOI and its benefits. Lots of options and easy to apply to. 

• 5 months later...

I'm pretty sure you don't need a work permit already to get a permanent visa. But once you get the visa, you're eligible to get a work permit if desired.

Now, what happens when you apply for one of those 1-year visas with 8 months left on your passport?  Does the visa still go a full year, or does it expire with the passport?

27 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

555 seems they don't expect Farang Thai marriages to work, you only get 1 year on a marriage visa :)

Nah mate. You're wrong there. I got ten years.

Dirty Durian: Nah mate. You're wrong there. I got ten years.

How'd you do that?  Is that a part of the Marraige Visa or a part of an 'elite' visa?

Interesting to me, the article made no reference to 'visa on arrival'. 

19 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Nah mate. You're wrong there. I got ten years.

I was just quoting what the article says, not surprised if it is wrong though Thaiger have previous for publishing wrong 'facts'

• 4 months later...

I’m married to a Thai and to get a marriage visa I need to show 400,000, what funds do I need to show for a B visa ?

5 hours ago, thegiftedchef said:

I’m married to a Thai and to get a marriage visa I need to show 400,000, what funds do I need to show for a B visa ?

You're married to a Thai national and want a Non Imm O, not a B.