Market vendor goes to police station, reports a spirit is harassing her

Thaiger

A Thai woman in northern province Phrae went to the local police station to report that a spirit was harassing her. The 39 year old market vendor who sells boiled corn told police the spirit was trying to possess her body and causing her heart and abdominal pain, according to the Thai media outlet Thairath. She tried taking medicine, but it did not help. She says the spirit has been harassing her for 3 months. The woman tried a ritual with blessed water to rid the spirit. Apparently, it worked for a short time, but the heart and abdominal pain […]

The post Market vendor goes to police station, reports a spirit is harassing her appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

. The 39 year old market vendor who sells boiled corn told police the spirit was trying to possess her body

I reckon it's a chicken spirit after her corn .. a sort of poultrygeist .. 

• Haha 9

49 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

Abdominal pain huh? Is she pregnant? If so it was probably the spirits doing . . .

Like a full bottle of Mekhong.

• Haha 3

I lived in a Mooban and a few years back the girlfriend at the time refused point blank to ride pillion with me at night because we had to ride past the Temple she said no no tilak cannot do Pee come out at night wait on rd.

• Haha 2

These are trying and stressful times during this marathon long Pandemic which has been economically catastrophic.  No doubt, the current crisis has challenged people’s mental health wellbeing.  Yes, there are superstitions galore throughout Thailand.  That being said, perhaps it’s time to take the stigma out of mental health issues and to promote community social work and outreach programs. It would be really something if this woman does in fact have a bona fide internal medical issue with her heart.  Anyway, Kaitlin’s articles are enjoyed from Chicago. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vlad said:

I lived in a Mooban and a few years back the girlfriend at the time refused point blank to ride pillion with me at night because we had to ride past the Temple she said no no tilak cannot do Pee come out at night wait on rd.

For some reason that does not surprise me one bit. 

38 minutes ago, vlad said:

Oh don't get me started. I've deliberately walked through temple grounds at night to make a point.

When I've laughed openly at Thais for going on about ghosts, they get angry. I've said, take me and show me one, then I'll believe you.
They always tell you where they are - ha ha ha!  I want someone to show me first hand.

One girl had the presence of mind (face-saving attempt) to say that I couldn't see them, as I was a ferang!
I still laughed at her.

Another girl: Sit alone upstairs in a room at midnight in front of a mirror while peeling an apple. You'll see a ghost.
More laughter from me and a loss of face for her. The girl wouldn't talk to me for two days (waitress in a bar).

Me: Why do you go to sleep with the TV on?
Another girl: The noise prevents the ghosts coming in.

And so it goes on, and on, and on.
I've offered girls 50,000 Baht if they could show me a ghost. My money's still safe.

Edited by Mike-Hunt
misprit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Oh don't get me started. I've deliberately walked through temple grounds at night to make a point.

When I've laughed openly at Thais for going on about ghosts, they get angry. I've said, take me and show me one, then I'll believe you.
They always tell you where they are - ha ha ha!  I want someone to show me first hand.

One girl had the presence of mind (face-saving attempt) to say that I couldn't see them, as I was a ferang!
I still laughed at her.

Another girl: Sit alone upstairs in a room at midnight in front of a mirror while peeling an apple. You'll see a ghost.
More laughter from me and a loss of face for her. The girl wouldn't talk to me for two days (waitress in a bar).

Me: Why do you go to sleep with the TV on?

And so it goes on, and on, and on.
I've offered girls 50,000 Baht if they could show me a ghost. My money's still safe.

That's the spirit

Another Favorite is the old Riding the bike at night without lights reasoning being the Pee cant see you in the dark and they can't follow you lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Why do you go to sleep with the TV on?

Hahaha .. yea I had that before .. 

I said why do you leave the box on and she said a ghost had nicked the remote .. 

43 minutes ago, Mike-Hunt said:

Yea she got that wrong .. it's making toast if you wanna get the ghost .. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vlad said:

It’s like living in a real world comedy sketch most of the time. I guess one reason why we love the place ?

You don’t need shows like we had called Candid Camera. You can just sit and watch the comedy outside the local 7/11 store 

Edited by Soidog
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, vlad said:

Another Favorite is the old Riding the bike at night without lights reasoning being the Pee cant see you in the dark and they can't follow you lol.

There may be something in that. If the ghost can't see you, then neither can the car that hits you in which case you join your spirit ancestors.

Has anyone ever noticed how all the paranormal programmes are shot in the dark. You might think that being able to see in the dark was an essential attribute for a ghost?

• Haha 1

Many years ago, Scotland Yard had a section call "The Ghost Squad". That's who should be investigating this. 

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It’s like living in a real world comedy sketch most of the time. 

To be faaaair, that's been the entire world, since early 2020. Pure comedy. 

Edited by Objectivance

I guess the trick is to always wear a small spirit house around my to keep bad thais away from me, sorry buddha..shouldnt she visit a monk instead of calling the police?

If I ever get pulled over on my motobike I will say Im possessed by a thai teen boy driver

Amazing thailand.....

• Haha 1

Years ago one of my Teelacks asked me to please watch a Pmovie with her that started at 11pm !  I'm thinking this must be some scary  khee ! 

Low in behold  it shouldn't of  been on the sci fi channel but the comedy channel would of been fitting !

They are sensitive to this nonsense

Now imagine how covid scare campaign affect them, they terrified thinking they living dead, marked man, add to it no vaxxene and they in to panic mode 24/7 triple masking.