News Forum - Medical cannabis vs traditional treatments

Thaiger

For centuries, people have been seeking ways to alleviate pain and manage various health conditions. While traditional treatments have undoubtedly played a critical role in the evolution of medicine, the world has recently witnessed a resurgence in the utilization of alternative therapies. Among these, medical cannabis has become an increasingly popular option. In this article, …

The story Medical cannabis vs traditional treatments as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Then, there are studies like this, from the BMJ

People read the headline:

"Epileptic seizure frequency fell by 86% in kids treated with whole plant medicinal cannabis"

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/epileptic-seizure-frequency-fell-by-86-in-kids-treated-with-whole-plant-medicinal-cannabis/

Wow....86%!!

Yep, in 10 children. 

"Monthly seizure frequency reduced for all 10 children by an overall average of 86%."

I take CBD for anxiety and haven't had any symptoms in years. I used to have crippling panic attacks and irrational fears but usually I'd just talk myself down from it. I was prescribed Effexor in my early 20's but hated the way it made me feel, and I would make some REALLY stupid decisions if I'd drink alcohol, so I stopped taking it after a few years. I was considering going back on it after the panic attacks resurfaced, but decided to try CBD instead. Now I just take 1 or 2 gummies a day, they taste great, and I feel great. Very thankful my country legalized cannabis.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

I take CBD for anxiety and haven't had any symptoms in years. I used to have crippling panic attacks and irrational fears but usually I'd just talk myself down from it. I was prescribed Effexor in my early 20's but hated the way it made me feel, and I would make some REALLY stupid decisions if I'd drink alcohol, so I stopped taking it after a few years. I was considering going back on it after the panic attacks resurfaced, but decided to try CBD instead. Now I just take 1 or 2 gummies a day, they taste great, and I feel great. Very thankful my country legalized cannabis.

My sister suffers from all that and I have been telling her for years to take CBD, but she won't let me

• Haha 1

The point I am making, is not to criticise Ye, the author of this excellent article. But to highlight that some of the 'treatments' suggested i.e.Epilepsy, have had poor results, but the opposite is being touted.

It does reduce seizure activity, but it also leads to:

"post seizure oxygen deprivation in the brain"

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/07/marijuana-like-brain-substance-calms-seizures-but-increases-afte.html

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My sister suffers from all that and I have been telling her for years to take CBD, but she won't let me

Maybe lead by example and consume a few gummies in front of her, then don't hold back as you describe feeling relaxed and free of anxiety or aches and pains :p

Been using a CBD oil cream for skin issues for a couple of years after years of problems. It's great. No recurrence at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1