News Forum - Work from home measure in Chiang Mai continues today and tomorrow

Thaiger

Chiang Mai’s air pollution problem is continuing to wreak havoc on the province. Chiang Mai‘s work from home measure, introduced by the provincial administration yesterday will continue until tomorrow (Sunday), Thai PBS reported. This is due to the PM2.5 pollution problem in the province, which has not improved. Governor Nirat Pongsitthavorn announced that the public …

The story Work from home measure in Chiang Mai continues today and tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Year after year it is getting bad to worst. May be they need to introduce work from home for a week straight in order to avoid more people from being infected by this bad environment. 

6 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Year after year it is getting bad to worst. May be they need to introduce work from home for a week straight in order to avoid more people from being infected by this bad environment. 

Last year, and the 2 years before that were actually really ok. Whether it was the covid pandemic shutting things down, there still was rain in and out. This year doesn't seem to have the odd rain out of season, so the fire polution is overboard.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Last year, and the 2 years before that were actually really ok. Whether it was the covid pandemic shutting things down, there still was rain in and out. This year doesn't seem to have the odd rain out of season, so the fire polution is overboard.

With more dry spell this year, it could be worst for the summer this time.

1 minute ago, Ramanathan.P said:

With more dry spell this year, it could be worst for the summer this time.

Seems to be. As said the last few years we had off out of season rain in every month, but this years looks to have went to dry. I quite enjoyed the off season rains as CM was really enjoyable the entire year. Hoping for rain, but even typically in years before the water festival tradionally had one or two of the days with showers at the end of the afternoon. Could be something to do with all the water evaporating into the air.

Based on my experience there will be a heavy downpour especially immediately after the water festival. i have noticed this in Chiang Mai and in Siam Reap. 

33 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Based on my experience there will be a heavy downpour especially immediately after the water festival. i have noticed this in Chiang Mai and in Siam Reap. 

Cannot say for SR, but for CM = Yep. That is if we are back to the normal times.