News Forum - Crash kills Pattaya couple on motorbike

Thaiger

A crash tragically killed a Pattaya couple on a motorbike last night. The victims were a 31 year old man named Santisuk Sae-tan, and a 31 year old woman named Chatchawan Kangwanwuthikul. The accident happened at around 8pm on a road in front of Khao Mai Kaew temple. Rescuers arrived on the scene to find …

The story Crash kills Pattaya couple on motorbike as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There does not seem to be any real will by the police to stop drunk driving in Thailand. In most countries even if there is no accident drunk driving is considered a serious offence and often carries jail time in Thailand it seems to be treated with the same degree of seriousness as parking infringements. R.I.P. the two victims.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisS said:

There does not seem to be any real will by the police to stop drunk driving in Thailand.

Pretty sure even the police themselves drunk drive here. I've seen so many Thai people drive home after a night out with no hesitation - they don't pause for a second to think it might be wrong.

Which is exactly why I refuse to ride moto-taxis in Bangkok or any other area with traffic - the driver might be great (though they usually aren't), but all it takes is one drunk driver to put you in hospital or worse.