News Forum - British tourist smashes up Bangkok 7-Eleven (video)

Thaiger

Thai police arrested a young British man for destroying property at a 7-Eleven convenience store in the Pathumwan district of Bangkok, Thailand, on Monday at 3am. In a bizarre TikTok clip filmed by a European onlooker, the British tourist picks up various items inside the 7-Eleven and launches them at the door in an attempt …

The story British tourist smashes up Bangkok 7-Eleven (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another Brit on the spotlight....ha..ha..ha. As I mentioned in another forum...many are brought up in their colonial mindset back home

21 minutes ago, palooka said:

"On a jet plane, never to come back again."

After he has served a substantial amount of time serving at His Majesty's pleasure, complete with fish head soup and rice as a staple diet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

After he has served a substantial amount of time serving at His Majesty's pleasure, complete with fish head soup and rice as a staple diet.

Nah they just book them on a plane now, get rid of them, less hassle.

• Like 1

He doesn't look particularly drunk, maybe he is on some type of drug. Anyway a monetary fine, early trip home and excluded from returning seems to be in order. A couple of slaps around the back of the head might also help him with some mental readjustment.

• Like 2

There are other very effective ways in dealing with this type of creature. A pitty the right people weren't in the vicinity. Apologies to the Thai people - on behalf of all the westernized scum that flows into the east. 

• Like 1

Looks to me like a manic episode. He is far too co-ordinated and focused to be "drunk".

5 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Another Brit on the spotlight....ha..ha..ha. As I mentioned in another forum...many are brought up in their colonial mindset back home

Chip on the shoulder, or just angry that the British colonials left South Asia in a much better state than it is in today? 

3 hours ago, Karolyn said:

Island ape phenomenon

Ape? The boy is 65 kilo at best.  Take a good look at him. He is well dressed, well groomed, no visible tats, and no piercings. Druggies have bad hygiene and the elbows are a give away. This kid has clean elbows, which means that he bathes. He most likely comes from a decent socio economic position and has had an exposure to something which has brought on this outburst.  That's someone's kid there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Hopefully he will do at least a few weeks in a Thai jail before shipping him out, salutary lesson required!

Why are you hoping for that? Making him pay for the damage he caused as well as some nice sum to give the employees should be enough. I'm sure they (employees) would prefer that than seeing him off to jail. Aside from destroying property he didn't actually hurt anyone. If you want to be really harsh than give him a steep fine and deport along with a ban from entering for a year or 5. Anyway- doesn't matter what we think, it matters what Thai police/judge think.

WTF is wrong with that kid? Well, at least 30 days in Bangkok Hilton, pay at least B100K of property damage, B40K fine, deport him & banned for entering Thailand for life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Vigo said:

Ape? The boy is 65 kilo at best.  Take a good look at him. He is well dressed, well groomed, no visible tats, and no piercings. Druggies have bad hygiene and the elbows are a give away. This kid has clean elbows, which means that he bathes. He most likely comes from a decent socio economic position and has had an exposure to something which has brought on this outburst.  That's someone's kid there.

To me, it looks like a clear yaba case or some kind of meth. I have seen this cold erratic behaviour more than once before. And the guy is young, "invicible", on holiday in Thailand where eveything goes, he tried a pill, sounds like a classic to me, regardless of his background back home. And people who take drugs do not all end up looking like the "standard" junky you describe, at least the first few years - I know plenty of people back in the UK who take cocaine at weekends. A few months ago, a mate of mine got deported back to England. When I say "friend", he was not that much at the end, he lost them all, he lost everything because of Yaba. 4 years back, him, me, another English mate and our partners were doing everything together. Then he turned to yaba. At first, every 10 days or so, he was going on a 3 days rampage, drinking heavily on top of it, not sleeping and eventually going mental. We tried everything to make him stop, nothing worked. He turned aggressive to us, fighting all the time, getting in trouble with others, including with his young wife. He got arrested multiple times but somehow got away with it, it is a small community here and he has 2 young kids. Then of course the wife left him eventually, the kids went to live with her familly. He lost his bar and the 2 bungalows on the beach, then he lost his half of a night club, my other English mate bought him up cause he could not handle him anymore. Then he lost his private house, sold it for peanuts but nevertheless susbtantial money to go for a long rampage...2 weeks later or so, he came to my bar begging for a beer with a 20 bth note. And then he got arrested again, got tested positive for cocaine (a true junky), they gave him 6 weeks to sort out his affairs here, which he used to sell his last property and to go for his last rampage. Sorry about this long story, I get to the point now. I saw him last the day before he got deported: well dressed, fresh haircut, etc... If you had seen him that day for the first time, you would have not believed that the story I have just written really happened to that guy (and there is of course far more to that story).  Many junkies managed somehow to keep appearances, at least for some time, even years...

• Like 1

Didn't look drunk to me but rather look more of a trouble maker and bully.

Put him on a 12 stroke of rattan caneing and split his butt permanently.

This will make him realize he cannot come to any country and cause trouble.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pinga said:

Why are you hoping for that?

I agree with your comments on fines and compensation for damage, but there needs to be a message going out THIS WEEK that antics like this will not be accommodated. Imagine if some of the louts that convene for Songkran get the idea that they can get away with a monetary fine...

6 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

I agree with your comments on fines and compensation for damage, but there needs to be a message going out THIS WEEK that antics like this will not be accommodated. Imagine if some of the louts that convene for Songkran get the idea that they can get away with a monetary fine...

Any message would be drowned when swimming in an alcohol addled brain. Responsible alcohol serving laws need to be introduced in Thailand 🤣 <—- I do crack myself up sometimes 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Really?

How are things in your life boxhead?

ATM I'm in Pattaya, it's too expensive - not just the baht, but also the bike drivers demanding 200 baht for a 40 baht ride. I don't like to say I dislike Thailand nowadays, but the sparkle left, when the baht went up, and - it seems - the taxi drivers trying to rip all foreigners off.

Still I'm not going to smash up a store, just for all that. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Karolyn said:

ATM I'm in Pattaya, it's too expensive - not just the baht, but also the bike drivers demanding 200 baht for a 40 baht ride. I don't like to say I dislike Thailand nowadays, but the sparkle left, when the baht went up, and - it seems - the taxi drivers trying to rip all foreigners off.

Still I'm not going to smash up a store, just for all that. 

Grab, Bolt, any of the ride hailing apps - car or bike, you will get a sensible price and you know what you are going to have to pay beforehand. My dodgy knee went from a bit niggly to any more painkillers and I will be flying while I was there, so I was using them quite a lot even for short distances, never any problems even from the bar areas late at night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

Grab, Bolt, any of the ride hailing apps - car or bike, you will get a sensible price and you know what you are going to have to pay beforehand. My dodgy knee went from a bit niggly to any more painkillers and I will be flying while I was there, so I was using them quite a lot even for short distances, never any problems even from the bar areas late at night.

Still overpriced though, and I don't wanna use mobile data. I used to flag metered cabs from the street in Bangkok, now they don't even turn on the meter, though they have to, by law. Bike taxi is still best, ubless you carry shopping or luggage. May I suggest people use InDrive, above Grab, Bolt, or Uber. But honestly, I just want to flag down, passing, metered, cabs

11 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

The punishment should fit the crime. There are much better specimens to go after to send a message - for example the regular occurences of violence between tourists and staff in Patong - those tourists who start fights are the ones who should be arrested and deported.

21 hours ago, ace035 said:

WTF is wrong with that kid? Well, at least 30 days in Bangkok Hilton, pay at least B100K of property damage, B40K fine, deport him & banned for entering Thailand for life.

What is wrong with you? You think breaking a keyboard and throwing a couple of trays on the ground should equate to 30 days in jail and a lifetime ban? Are we in Iran? what next- cut off his arms?

Pinga, "Why are you hoping for that?"

Because I know from 40 odd years of dealing with people like this that the short sharp shock of a few weeks in a Thai jail are more likely to make him consider his future life choices.