News Forum - Pros and cons of studying in Thailand

Thaiger

In this article, we will be talking about the pros and cons of studying in Thailand for international students. But before getting into this part, let’s first talk about the studying abroad itself and how Thailand became famous in this field. Due to globalization and universities offering good opportunities for international students, students has taken …

The story Pros and cons of studying in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This report is misleading.  Thai Universities are nowhere near the top quartile of World class institutions, bar perhaps two,  despite what this report says.  Post Graduate qualifications, indeed any qualifications,  are only as  useful in life as prospective employers view them.  Unless you wish to study Thai language and culture, Thailand institutions will do little to advance any career. My last Asian Airline employer did not accept any post Grad qualifications from Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, China or the Philippines, unless backed up with other qualifications, obtained in other, acceptable countries.  It was the primary reason why my Thai/Brit daughter completed her High School and University education in the UK. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

This report is misleading.  Thai Universities are nowhere near the top quartile of World class institutions, bar perhaps two,  despite what this report says.  Post Graduate qualifications, indeed any qualifications,  are only as  useful in life as prospective employers view them.  Unless you wish to study Thai language and culture, Thailand institutions will do little to advance any career. My last Asian Airline employer did not accept any post Grad qualifications from Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, China or the Philippines, unless backed up with other qualifications, obtained in other, acceptable countries.  It was the primary reason why my Thai/Brit daughter completed her High School and University education in the UK. 

Definitely. Based in the Gulf and many employers specify that they'll only accept anglosphere degrees. Depends what field you're working in I guess, for jobs in Thailand employers can hardly not accept them though. 

It's also worth looking into online components, rightly or wrongly many countries won't accept degrees obtained wholly or partly online. 

Bottom line, if you're going to spend the cash getting qualified, make sure that the qualification is going to get you where you want to go. 

• Like 1