Transfers from Thai bank to US bank

Leo

Hi all,

There is lots of great info in this forum about transfers from overseas accounts into Thai banks, but not the other way around. 

I'll open a Thai bank account, so my question is what kind of account should I choose (current, savings, foreign-currency) and which bank charges reasonable wire transfer fees to US bank accounts. The money is in THB, earned from employment here. I have a work permit and payroll receipt/source of funds. 

A multiple currency account here would be welcome, to be able to do the conversion THB->USD in the local bank.

Edit: "Resident" vs. "Non-Resident" bank accounts just came to my attention. Any pros/cons as to which?

Edited by Leo

9 hours ago, Leo said:

There is lots of great info in this forum about transfers from overseas accounts into Thai banks, but not the other way around. 

Dee Money for transfers out of Thailand.
https://www.deemoney.com/

9 hours ago, Leo said:

I'll open a Thai bank account, so my question is what kind of account should I choose (current, savings, foreign-currency) and which bank charges reasonable wire transfer fees to US bank accounts. The money is in THB, earned from employment here. I have a work permit and payroll receipt/source of funds. 

A multiple currency account here would be welcome, to be able to do the conversion THB->USD in the local bank.

Edit: "Resident" vs. "Non-Resident" bank accounts just came to my attention. Any pros/cons as to which?

Standard account types for non Thais are;
Savings accounts.
Fixed-term accounts.
Foreign currency accounts

You may be permitted to open a Current account with a work permit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Dee Money for transfers out of Thailand.
https://www.deemoney.com/

Standard account types for non Thais are;
Savings accounts.
Fixed-term accounts.
Foreign currency accounts

You may be permitted to open a Current account with a work permit.

Thank you Faz.

• Like 1