News Forum - Three foreigners in Patong restaurant brawl fined 2,000 baht each

Thaiger

Three foreigners who were involved in the Patong restaurant brawl this week have been fined 2,000 baht each, according to an update from the Phuket Provincial Police. Yesterday, it was reported that a customer, 34 year old Australian national ‘Karen‘, admitted that he started the dispute by throwing a water bottle at two restaurant staffers …

The story Three foreigners in Patong restaurant brawl fined 2,000 baht each as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On 4/1/2023 at 9:37 AM, Thaiger said:

34 year old Australian national ‘Karen‘,

The male equivalent of a Karen is often referred to as a "Ken" or a "Chad". However, it should be noted that these are stereotypes and not all men with similar behaviors can or should be fitted under such labels.

<deleted content>

Edited by KaptainRob
Incorrect and offensive

2000 baht for belting someone over the head and body multiple times using an iron bar. Pathetic Patong police should be charged with dereliction of duty.

• Like 2

With these joke fines there's no wonder there's so much violence out there. No one cares about consequences become there aren't any.

I think the new Card system for foreigners misbehaving is flawed, primarily because of lack of guidelines. But this being Thailand, that’s not unusual. Stupid politicians making stupid decisions.  BUT if there is reason for this type of regulation, then it applies to this case. These drunken brawlers should receive at least a 5000 baht fine ( I think 10,000 more appropriate), and a yellow card.  That would provide more of a  deterrent for loutish behavior.

32 minutes ago, BJoe said:

I think the new Card system for foreigners misbehaving is flawed, primarily because of lack of guidelines. But this being Thailand, that’s not unusual. Stupid politicians making stupid decisions.  BUT if there is reason for this type of regulation, then it applies to this case. These drunken brawlers should receive at least a 5000 baht fine ( I think 10,000 more appropriate), and a yellow card.  That would provide more of a  deterrent for loutish behavior.

Your opinion covers several issues we can all agree on and I whilst I agree with the '10k fine', it does nothing to prevent stupid/loutish behaviour.  Some ppl can't handle alcohol or drugs without turning aggressive at the slightest provocation.

the roles of chef or restaurant manager are not protected occupations, and it is possible to get a legal work permit for these roles,

Interesting interpretation that will be used now by many.

We have many vineyards in our area without vines of any sort, even weeds.

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

Some ppl can't handle alcohol or drugs without turning aggressive at the slightest provocation.

Do know of a gent that can drink you under the table on beer, but give him ANY spirit and he goes off planet with serious consequences for those around.

3 minutes ago, palooka said:

Do know of a gent that can drink you under the table on beer, but give him ANY spirit and he goes off planet with serious consequences for those around.

I'm sure we all know ppl like that.  It was usually rum drinkers in Aus or Nz, but maybe it was the CocaCola they split it with 😎  Nasty stuff Coke.

• Like 1

Just now, KaptainRob said:

I'm sure we all know ppl like that.  It was usually rum drinkers in Aus or Nz, but maybe it was the CocaCola they split it with 😎  Nasty stuff Coke.

Not Coke, a person spiked his beer with a double vodka to win a beer drinking bet with him.

The spiker drank and ate through a straw for 6 weeks.

• Haha 1