News Forum - Studio Ghibli co-founder accused of spending company funds on Thai girlfriend

Thaiger

Studio Ghibli co-founder Toshio Suzuki is caught up in a scandal after being accused of spending the Japanese animation studio’s money on his Thai girlfriend “Kanyada,” who he has been seeing since 2013. The current president of the company, Koji Hoshino, said he is retiring from the company at the end of June due to …

The story Studio Ghibli co-founder accused of spending company funds on Thai girlfriend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Every man have his own weakness when comes to the small brainless head which overtakes the big head with brains most of the time ending in disaster...

• Like 3

Studio Ghibli is a private company. Assuming he is one of the main shareholders (which should be the case) and he has the support of the majority of shareholders (namely Hayao Miyazaki), then he can make whatever business decisions he likes - however stupid or biased.

I suspect Hoshino's more upset about the (lack of) future prospects of the studio due to Miyazaki's upcoming retirement (again), and this was just an excuse to leave without feeling like he's betraying the colleagues that carried him over the years.

Pure speculation, of course!

• Like 1

Non story.

It's essentially his company. Judging by the photo, I can't see anything inappropriate. Of course, I've got my own similar thing, though only a bit over three years at this point. But, I did meet her my 2nd day of arrival in Thailand, Jan 2020, and I haven't set foot out of country since. Built the house (Sisaket) got the car, and occupy my time teaching her daughters English, Money Management, Business Management (used to own a medium-sized company of my own), and most importantly, How To Think For Themselves...a concept seemingly foreign to Thais.

But to invite the scorn such as is between the lines in this article, I just turned 62 and my GF just turned 30. In two more years, she'll finally be half my age. She's catching up.

909565e6-0dff-452c-9e56-aea09ce177c7.jpeg

1673241894811.jpg

• Like 1