News Forum - Australian arrested over Phuket restaurant brawl

Thaiger

UPDATE Police arrested an Australian man for his involvement in the brawl that broke out between foreign staff and foreign customers at Atlas Restaurant in the Patong area of Phuket in southern Thailand early on Monday morning, reports the Phuket Express. Police arrested 34 year old “Karen” of Australian nationality who admitted to starting the fight by …

The story Australian arrested over Phuket restaurant brawl as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This Phuket yellow and red card thing is in reality a blight and stigma on Phuket now. It is in reality an idea perpretrated by some one who seems a bit of an immature person who is perhps an over the top fanatic for football / soccer. I like some places in Phuket (except Patong)  but will probably avoid it with this  being in practice.

• Like 1

From the article:

“Karen said he threw the bottle out of anger after being told to wait for his food…”

An Australian guy named Karen? No wonder he has issues if he’s gone through life as a man named Karen.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

From the article:

“Karen said he threw the bottle out of anger after being told to wait for his food…”

An Australian guy named Karen? No wonder he has issues if he’s gone through life as a man named Karen.

• Haha 1

"An Australian guy named Karen? No wonder he has issues if he’s gone through life as a man named Karen."

Boy named Sue syndrome maybe :)

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

From the article:

Maybe Jhonny Cash can make a song about "a man called Karen".

Wait, so a bunch of drunk tourists started a fight, admitted to starting the fight, and everyone - include the staff - will get charged? Why are they getting charged if this was by the tourist's own admission self-defense? One has to wonder if police would've done the same if the staff were Thai. Unlikely.

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

UPDATE Police arrested an Australian man for his involvement in the brawl that broke out between foreign staff and foreign customers at Atlas Restaurant in the Patong area of Phuket in southern Thailand early on Monday morning

Karen thinks the staff did not karenough .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Alavan said:

Maybe Jhonny Cash can make a song about "a man called Karen".

The lyrics would have to match the Thaiger news story. Perhaps the line about Reno could change to:

”I punched a man in Patong… just to watch him cry..”

I must admit I have never had any respect for any person who drinks and then blames the alcohol for his behaviour

I think this Australian  is just plain bad news and should not be a coward and realize he should stop drinking and look at his own inherent self and not blame the booze,

I hope he receives prison time but I doubt

18 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

This Phuket yellow and red card thing is in reality a blight and stigma on Phuket now. It is in reality an idea perpretrated by some one who seems a bit of an immature person who is perhps an over the top fanatic for football / soccer. I like some places in Phuket (except Patong)  but will probably avoid it with this  being in practice.

Yes, I think you nailed the subset of foreign tourist this system intends to target, and along comes our boy Karen as proof of concept. 

If budget wasn't a factor, outfit a squad of tourist cops in Ref uniforms and whistles.

Red Card Football GIF by ElevenSportsBE

8 hours ago, RJBT said:

I must admit I have never had any respect for any person who drinks and then blames the alcohol for his behaviour

Alcohol doesn't change your personality - it just lowers inhibitions so you act out on what you wanted to do anyway. In this case he wanted to fight so he started a fight - that's not alcohol - that's just a **** personality. Deport and ban.