News Forum - Thai woman loses 100,000 baht to online dating scammer

Thaiger

A 42 year old Thai woman warned others about the danger of online dating scams after she lost valuables worth 100,000 baht to a man she met on social media on Tuesday. The victim, Natthamon reached out to Channel 3 urging the media to spread her story to warn other people searching for a partner …

The story Thai woman loses 100,000 baht to online dating scammer as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Just met 4 days online and straight away end-up in bed. Something is not making any sense here.....

Did you forget? T.i.T

• Haha 1

And how many farangs have been relieved of valuables by a girl (or lady boy) that they met a few hours before? So far this year? 

Regularly have some of the local women come with their phones asking if the message is a scam.

Yes, to every query so far for the past 2 years.

They come thick and fast, usually out of African nations but occasionally I see a few eastern European ones.

Takes about 2 minutes on the computer to check.

Big rash currently of "goods (all my possessions) sent to you but need cash for release from customs, is the common one of late".

At the end of the day Thais, Farangs we are all susceptible in our own ways.

Wanting to believe the impossible is usually the problem. 

Good, honest with yourself, hard look at reality in a mirror can help some.