45-day VE ending March 31?

Wackamole

Hi, I read a while back that they were planning to extend the operation until the end of 2023.

Has anyone got more information on this?

Thanks

It was a proposal put forward for consideration, but as yet no conformation either way.
Expect some news the end of March - last minute as usual.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 7:16 PM, Faz said:

It was a proposal put forward for consideration, but as yet no conformation either way.
Expect some news the end of March - last minute as usual

I see.. as I feared. I managed to get my stay to expire on April 5th. What odds would you give that the 45-day stamp stays on? 😄

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I see.. as I feared. I managed to get my stay to expire on April 5th. What odds would you give that the 45-day stamp stays on? 😄

You can apply for a 30-day extension, or 60 day extension if you have a Thai spouse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Faz said:

You can apply for a 30-day extension, or 60 day extension if you have a Thai spouse.

yes I meant my 30-day extension is expiring on the 5th.

3 hours ago, Wackamole said:

yes I meant my 30-day extension is expiring on the 5th.

Are you considering a Visa run?

Parliament has been dissolved, so I don't expect any new decision-making until a new parliament has been elected.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Faz said:

Are you considering a Visa run?

Parliament has been dissolved, so I don't expect any new decision-making until a new parliament has been elected.

yes I will do a Visa run. Just need to make sure I get it right, you're saying you're expecting a return to the 30-day stamp for now right? .. In which case it would be more beneficial to go on the 31st.

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

yes I will do a Visa run. Just need to make sure I get it right, you're saying you're expecting a return to the 30-day stamp for now right? .. In which case it would be more beneficial to go on the 31st.

I don't think Faz said anywhere that Thailand will revert to 30 days after 31 March.

Whilst I don't believe they will revert (the 45 days appears to be working well) I could well be wrong - but it is also unlikely that anything will be announced in the next couple of days.

I don't know if any reversion to 30 days can be done automatically, or whether it requires sign off and Gazetting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

I don't think Faz said anywhere that Thailand will revert to 30 days after 31 March.

Whilst I don't believe they will revert (the 45 days appears to be working well) I could well be wrong - but it is also unlikely that anything will be announced in the next couple of days.

I don't know if any reversion to 30 days can be done automatically, or whether it requires sign off and Gazetting.

Well at the start of it it was to end on March 31st.. And Faz confirmed just above your post that he meant what I thought he meant.

Thanks both for your input I'm probably just going to play it safe and lose 4 or 5 days.

8 hours ago, Wackamole said:

Well at the start of it it was to end on March 31st.. And Faz confirmed just above your post that he meant what I thought he meant.

Thanks both for your input I'm probably just going to play it safe and lose 4 or 5 days.

Think of it as gaining 10 days, rather than losing 5 😀

• Like 1