News Forum - South Thailand island to be developed as world-class tourism spot

Thaiger

An island in South Thailand is set to be developed as a world-class tourism spot. Koh Adang, located in the southern border province of Satun, is set to become a world-class tourism destination like Langkawi in Malaysia, according to the Southern Border Provinces Administrative Center (SBPAC). Satun province is renowned for its picturesque natural scenery, …

The story South Thailand island to be developed as world-class tourism spot as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why not leave the island pristine and undeveloped in order to preserve it's beauty and try eco tourism, fewer people that pay more for natural beauty.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of Langkawi but I think that's largely because the Malaysians have done a terrible job of developing it.

Could this be one of the reasons that the government has proposed an airport in Satun?  Without it, Satun is hell and gone far away from an airport.  It makes me think that someone in the government has a connection or owns lots of land on this island.

I agree with Aussieroaming.  If any development for tourists was made it should be of the natural "eco" variety. And if it's in the Tarutao National Park why would further development be allowed in the first place?

Again, someone's uncle or brother-in-law is in on this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

to become a world-class tourism destination like Langkawi in Malaysia

So they wanna make it a duty free island, put roads on it, reachable with car ferry's and, not to forget, build an airport?

Langkawi is a "world-class" destination, because  of all this. And rich Malaysians can bring luxurious Cars,  duty free, this way to Malaysia . Just have to send `em every 90 days (I think) back on to the island, but the other 89 days can show them off in KL. I was once on a Ferry with a load of Supercars, Porsche GT3, McLaren F1, Aston Martin I remember without looking on pictures.  One or two even on tow trucks. Just to get them "out of Malaysia" for a day or two. Is Thailand thinking at all the reasons, that make Langkawi special? Or do they mean "Our Island is close to Langkawi, that will do!"?

That’s good, just ruin every natural beautiful attribute and thing going for you. Sometimes progress is not a step in the right direction. 

Wonder what the charge to go there would be? Thai free, foreigners 1000 baht?

Maybe  Thais government and educational system should first invest  to learn their citizens not to litter everywhere and stop using the sea, beaches and rivers as their local garbage dumb? 🤔

No point in talking about any development without revamping the education system. Introduce English medium in public schools. Change Mathmatics & Science to English as the medium of education. Make English a mandatory pass from Primary to tertiary in all Public institutions. Make sure that each student is proficient in at least one international language. After all these changes, then can think about development. Without that no point in talking as most will be in their cocoon for their entire life.