News Forum - 3 year old boy dies after being trapped in car for 2 hours

Thaiger

A three year old boy suffocated to death after being trapped in his mother’s car in the Isaan province of Buriram. A rescue team attempted to save the child’s life but he died on the way to the hospital. Baan Bua Municipality Rescue Team rushed to a local restaurant in the Baan Bua sub-district of …

The story 3 year old boy dies after being trapped in car for 2 hours as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sad story. The truck was airtight and he died of oxygen deprivation?  Seems highly unlikely.

It's more likely that he succumbed to heat exhaustion. 

• Like 1

The doctor revealed that the child’s body went without oxygen for an extended period, which ultimately led to his death.

Surely he died of heat-stroke unless smothered by a plastic bag or similar.  A twin cab is not hermetically sealed and should contain more than 2 hours worth of air.

A tragic loss of life all the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Surely he died of heat-stroke unless smothered by a plastic bag or similar.  A twin cab is not hermetically sealed and should contain more than 2 hours worth of air.

A tragic loss of life all the same.

You could be right. However, there have been recent reports of lorry-loads of Vietnamese illegals dying in lorries in Europe, even though there were holes drilled in the rooves drilled of the containers they were in. 

It is known as death by Hypoxia. CO2 is about 1/3rd heavier than air, so as the victims breathe out, the CO2 displaces the breathable air upwards until there is no breathable air left. Victims fall asleep and just never wake up. Whether the cab is hermetically sealed or not becomes an irrelevance, as the build-up of CO2 leaves no room for breathable air to enter the space. 

• Like 2

Well.....I don't know what to say. As a father of 3 children, I always make sure that I see all the 3 all the time when they were young. Either me or my wife would be always there to monitor them 24/7, except when they were in School or Kindergarten until they reach an age to take care of themselves. I am not sure what went wrong. But definitely the mother should have felt something initially when she couldn't find the child around. May be her concentration might have diverted due to something. Normally parents can feel if something bad is going to happen to their child......May the poor soul rest in peace

Tragic incident.

I have read many cases of babies or pets being left in the locked car under the sun for a quick supermarket run.

Usually it turns out bad. People underestimated the power of the SUN in an enclosed and almost air tight car.

Ohh...poor boy. 😢

I think vehicle manufacturers should surely have a Gas Sensor, that would wind the windows down when a high-level of C02 is detected.