News Forum - Former German police officer found dead in his house in Chon Buri

Thaiger

Police conducted an investigation at a house in the Satthip district of Chon Buri yesterday after the body of a 66 year old former German police officer was found dead in the kitchen. It is believed that the man succumbed to a chronic disease more than 10 days before being discovered. The deceased was identified …

The story Former German police officer found dead in his house in Chon Buri as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What is the point of migrating to another country, marry have a family and still live alone to die alone. Might well better live alone in home country and enjoy life with what is left. At least there would be someone or the government to take care at old age. 

8 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

What is the point of migrating to another country, marry have a family and still live alone to die alone. Might well better live alone in home country and enjoy life with what is left. At least there would be someone or the government to take care at old age. 

Looks as if he wanted to live here as retired and his Thai wife and kid in Germany. Also we do not know how old the kid is and could still be in school or going to University. Maybe he knew his days were numbered and just wanted to have fun here even if it amounted to leaving his wife and kid in Germany. Personally I couldn't do it as leaving my family but then again we all live here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

I do get there is a lot of guys who have burned bridges back home to feel some sort of glory in Thailand

But we also never know the story

My wife spends a lot of time in Thailand and I feel we have a great marriage, but some people looking at it may find it strange

My sister makes stupid comments from time to time, meanwhile she married a lunatic and has had a miserable life

So you never really know what works for others...........