News Forum - 3 police attacked by 30 vendors while inspecting product piracy at a Thai market

Thaiger

A group of 30 vendors attacked three officers from the Ang Thong Police Station while they were conducting a product piracy raid at a Thai market in the central province of Ang Thong on March 16. The police officers later filed a complaint about the assault while the vendors claimed they thought the officers were …

The story 3 police attacked by 30 vendors while inspecting product piracy at a Thai market as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Has there been much of a clampdown on "piracy"? The reason I ask is that I noticed that I couldn't find any fake "designer" polo shirts in Otop. Football shirts were easy to find.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohninDublin said:

Has there been much of a clampdown on "piracy"? The reason I ask is that I noticed that I couldn't find any fake "designer" polo shirts in Otop. Football shirts were easy to find.

Just to show they are proactive to the world when they really aren't. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Wow. So you can attack the police in Thailand when they do something you don't like? 

That is news to you? Why do you think, the police is so "nice" to their own? At least in groups? 

I seem to recall something similar happening in Patpong market some years back that ended in a bit of a gun battle. Happy to see that at least it did not get to those extremes this time.