News Forum - Tour guides to ask PM to act on illegal foreign guides

Thaiger

Chinese-speaking tour guides in Thailand have called for the government to take action against illegal foreign guides who they claim are stealing their jobs. The Professional Guide Association of Thailand held a meeting on Saturday to discuss the issue and vow to escalate the issue all the way up to the prime minister. The association …

The story Tour guides to ask PM to act on illegal foreign guides as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

These local tour guides can keep on giving petitions to different level. By the time their petition comes to review, either the government changes or the person in charge changes. And it will be again fresh promises  which again go like a "merry-go-round". That is the politics all over the world. It is "You help me first to gain my chair and I will definitely help you" policy initially. However later it will become "You never help me enough for me to help you". So if want any fast results, these tour guides should do something differnt so that the foreigners are scared to be tour guide in Thailand. It is like instant electric shock......😜

The problem is, this government is so busy kissing Chinese arse that they are happy to let local guides suffer. Where I am sitting at the moment on Walking street in Pattaya I am watching Chinese tour groups walking up and down and have not seen too many Thais holding up the flag for the groups to follow. Not seeing a lot of spending happening either. 

• Like 3

Chinese back to the old game of TOTAL tours.

Book and pay in China for everything, Fly with Chinese airline, stay at a Chinese owned hotel, tours in buses owned by Chinese, go to restaurants etc that are owned by Chinese. Chinese currency accepted so no money change fees. Tour guide is Chinese and with them from day one in China.

What do Thais get. A pittance for entry to some places that probably barely pays for the clean-up of the mess left wherever they go.

Pnut supposedly cracked down on this behaviour some years ago.  Guess the Chinese can just do as they want again.

• Like 2

There is absolutely no Chinese tourist, businessperson, organizer, government official or criminal who is a friend to Thais and Thailand.

The government is just opening the door for increasing control by the Chinese.

"Lords of the Rim" by Sterling Seagrave is must read for those that want to understand the true nature behind the Chinese diaspora and its governmental aims for world influence and dominance.

Obviously, none of Prayut's cronies have read it.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 7:59 PM, MrStretch said:

Obviously, none of Prayut's cronies have read it.

If they had read it, they would definitely behave differently.  (After many trips to the toilet)

On 3/21/2023 at 7:34 AM, HiuMak said:

Is it because Thai tour guides always bring you to Fake Gems factories and Fast Tailors.😀 

As opposed to Chinese run Fake gem factories and fast tailors?🤣

• Like 1