News Forum - Thai officials seek to promote Muslim-friendly tourism

Thaiger

Thai officials are seeking to promote Muslim-friendly tourism in the kingdom. In a recent focus group discussion on Islamic tourism in Phuket province, the Department of Tourism (DoT) and private sectors reviewed strategies to attract Muslim visitors, NNT reported yesterday. The DoT’s Tourist Attractions Development Division Director Athuek Phrasenmoon said the global tourism industry recognises …

The story Thai officials seek to promote Muslim-friendly tourism as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

High spending families from the Gulf, especially Saudi as a new market, should be welcomed. 

It's a win win situation for Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

I always wonder why you see so many of them along soi 4? Just asking? 

Next time you're there, why don't you ask some? 🤔🤔️ 

Then report back. 

They should organize these campaigns for Muslims to visit Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani.  Lots of tourist facilities, all catering to Muslims, are available and underutilized.

Just sayin'.

• Like 6

Good idea but some want to experience things they cant in their countries. A woman approached me on Sukhumvit once in a full head to toe cover and says "Do you want sex?" in English. Actually don't know if it was a woman actually. Or what nationality because I could only see some eyes.

Strict Halal food is going to be a problem in Thailand as it is very limited.

Don't think Halal Street food exists in Thailand.

3 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Strict Halal food is going to be a problem in Thailand as it is very limited.

Don't think Halal Street food exists in Thailand.

It does here in the South.  It's everywhere.  My tongue-in-cheek suggestion above holds even truer for halal food.  You can find it anywhere, on the street, in the restaurants and hotels and resorts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrStretch said:

They should organize these campaigns for Muslims to visit Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani.  Lots of tourist facilities, all catering to Muslims, are available and underutilized.

Just sayin'.

Spent some time in Hat Yai and Songkla last year. Very enjoyable. 

The coastline around Songkla is definitely underutilised. Nice beaches, very reasonably priced restaurants etc, and no annoying Chinese or cheap ferrang/bargirl combos. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

Good idea but some want to experience things they cant in their countries. A woman approached me on Sukhumvit once in a full head to toe cover and says "Do you want sex?" in English. Actually don't know if it was a woman actually. Or what nationality because I could only see some eyes.

I recall seeing some three or four years back - not the full burka though - lurking with the rest of the freelancers that infest the further reaches of Sukhumvit Soi 4.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

What things do you speak of? 

Speaking as someone based in the Muslim world, I'm fairly sure anything is possible. 

On 3/19/2023 at 2:32 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Next time you're there, why don't you ask some? 🤔🤔️ 

Then report back. 

My point is as you don’t seem to grasp what I was saying, if their faith restricts them from alcohol and adultery why do so many frequent the most infamous soi in Bangkok? Just seems so hypocritical to me but personally I couldn’t care where they hang out I was just commenting on the article.

15 minutes ago, Smiler said:

My point is as you don’t seem to grasp what I was saying, if their faith restricts them from alcohol and adultery why do so many frequent the most infamous soi in Bangkok? Just seems so hypocritical to me but personally I couldn’t care where they hang out I was just commenting on the article.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:57 PM, Smiler said:

I always wonder why you see so many of them along soi 4? Just asking

In every religious groups of people, or symply any group of people from any religion, any nation, any race, there are a tiny few of them who go to Thailand for cheap sex with very young girls to fulfill their worse instinct that their sad lives in their real world do not allow them to even dream of. Hypocritical humans come in all shapes and forms, no reason why this should not also be the case amongst the 1.9 billion of muslims like it is for other religious groups. But since you do go to Soi 4, you must have seen them all, I guess. But my point is that I am not sure what is there to "wonder" there but since you were "asking", I hope this answers it (spot the sarcasm in that last sentence...).

57 minutes ago, Manu said:

In every religious groups of people, or symply any group of people from any religion, any nation, any race, there are a tiny few of them who go to Thailand for cheap sex with very young girls to fulfill their worse instinct that their sad lives in their real world do not allow them to even dream of. Hypocritical humans come in all shapes and forms, no reason why this should not also be the case amongst the 1.9 billion of muslims like it is for other religious groups. But since you do go to Soi 4, you must have seen them all, I guess. But my point is that I am not sure what is there to "wonder" there but since you were "asking", I hope this answers it (spot the sarcasm in that last sentence...).

Actually you are wasting your sarcasm on me I already knew the answer and I agree with what you say. I was just making a point, Muslims always try to be so high and mighty when it comes to their religion but it is like every other fairytale belief system full of bull and filled with people steeped in hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Actually you are wasting your sarcasm on me I already knew the answer and I agree with what you say.

Of course, hence I used sarcasm...

I was just making a point, Muslims always try to be so high and mighty when it comes to their religion but it is like every other fairytale belief system full of bull and filled with people steeped in hypocrisy. 

Yes you were. And mine was about to be a little careful with generalisation and most of all, outcasting one particular religious group or even symply a group of people as hypocrite when actually on Soi 4, all of them are. After all, the article is about catering for and targeting muslim tourists, not about the tiny few of them who also happened to be muslim looking to have cheap sex with very young girls on Soi 4.

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Of course, hence I used sarcasm...

Yes you were. And mine was about to be a little careful with generalisation and most of all, outcasting one particular religious group or even symply a group of people as hypocrite when actually on Soi 4, all of them are. After all, the article is about catering for and targeting muslim tourists, not about the tiny few of them who also happened to be muslim looking to have cheap sex with very young girls on Soi 4.

Well you are a pillar of the community aren’t you? I don’t believe I’m a hypocrite and I happily admit that I frequent the bars down Soi 4 albeit perhaps twice a month and thoroughly enjoy myself (NEVER with underage girls) the other weekends I visit Soi Cowboy 🤪

Be careful what you wish for Thailand. When that muslim minority suddenly becomes a majority in a local area they demand the rules change to suit their own religious views. 

Always reminds me of how a muslim mosque opened in Stirling. No problem everyone thought. Except for the greasy spoon cafe next door selling bacon rolls. They could smell it so demanded it was closed down.

Thing is the place went from selling about 50 bacon rolls per day to selling about 500 because everyone wanted to make a point.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Well you are a pillar of the community aren’t you? I don’t believe I’m a hypocrite and I happily admit that I frequent the bars down Soi 4 albeit perhaps twice a month and thoroughly enjoy myself (NEVER with underage girls) the other weekends I visit Soi Cowboy 🤪

You "hapilly admit" it... anonymously on an online forum. Anyway, since you are taking it personally and it is now completely off topic, let's leave it there. Remember, it was about the "hypocrites"... sorry, I mean the muslims.

20 minutes ago, Manu said:

You "hapilly admit" it... anonymously on an online forum. Anyway, since you are taking it personally and it is now completely off topic, let's leave it there. Remember, it was about the "hypocrites"... sorry, I mean the muslims.

Same thing

A tad off topic but about Muslims

I like dealing with Thai Muslims, especially Thai Muslim ladies, they seem whip smart

I think they are straightforward, smart and easy to deal with 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 6:27 AM, Mamachigawa said:

Lol. Did it sound like a woman?

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Be careful what you wish for Thailand. When that muslim minority suddenly becomes a majority in a local area they demand the rules change to suit their own religious views. 

Always reminds me of how a muslim mosque opened in Stirling. No problem everyone thought. Except for the greasy spoon cafe next door selling bacon rolls. They could smell it so demanded it was closed down.

Thing is the place went from selling about 50 bacon rolls per day to selling about 500 because everyone wanted to make a point.

Indeed and the same has been happening in Thailand. According to a friend, pork is next to impossible to find on Koh Phi Phi, due to extensive lobbying (threats?) by local Muslims. Nevermind  that most tourists visiting the islands are non-Muslim and non-Thai.

58 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

Indeed and the same has been happening in Thailand. According to a friend, pork is next to impossible to find on Koh Phi Phi, due to extensive lobbying (threats?) by local Muslims. Nevermind  that most tourists visiting the islands are non-Muslim and non-Thai.

But it is a Muslim island, so why would you expect accomodations just because you are a tourist?

If they don't eat pork, I don't expect them to serve just because I am a tourist

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Highlandman said:

Lol. Did it sound like a woman?

It wasn't the baritone "I go with you" often heard 

On 3/19/2023 at 3:19 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

What things do you speak of? 

Speaking as someone based in the Muslim world, I'm fairly sure anything is possible. 

Eating a bacon butty and pulling one of those ladieboys in a university uniform?

1 hour ago, Mamachigawa said:

It wasn't the baritone "I go with you" often heard 

Eating a bacon butty and pulling one of those ladieboys in a university uniform?

I refer you back to my post that you quoted. 

Anything is possible if you know where to look!