Thai Police Clearance Issue

Let me know if anyone has had this issue

The Thai police are insisting my stepson needs a visa to Canada to get a police clearance but we are applying for the visa(PR) that needs the police clearance!

I've read that some countries need a "request letter" to allow them to get a police clearance

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue

My wife has gotten her clearance a few times with no issues 

Thanks 

Do the police think perhaps it's you enquiring about a police certificate, rather than your Thai SIL.

Different procedures;

If you’re a Thai citizen

Apply for a police certificate before submitting an application for temporary residence (visitor visa, work permit or study permit).

If you’re not a Thai citizen

We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you apply. You must bring that letter when you apply for your police certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/thailand.html

5 hours ago, Faz said:

Do the police think perhaps it's you enquiring about a police certificate, rather than your Thai SIL.

Different procedures;

If you’re a Thai citizen

Apply for a police certificate before submitting an application for temporary residence (visitor visa, work permit or study permit).

If you’re not a Thai citizen

We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you apply. You must bring that letter when you apply for your police certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/thailand.html

No they know it's for my stepson, they called my wife

I am going to send the Request Letter that I fill out on my own, to see if they accept that

Or request IRCC to send me a Request Letter that they provide

I've helped with a lot of Visa applications for UK, US and Australia (not Canada), and in each case the Police clearance had to be obtained and submitted for the visa application.

Never had an issue, they just downloaded and completed a request form;
https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/en/news/ApplicationforPoliceClearanceCertificate_18.html

Then applied in person at;
Royal Thai Police
Building 6
Rama 1, Pathumwan
Bangkok, Thailand 10330
Tel: 66-2205-2168, 66-2205-2169

18 minutes ago, Faz said:

I've helped with a lot of Visa applications for UK, US and Australia (not Canada), and in each case the Police clearance had to be obtained and submitted for the visa application.

Never had an issue, they just downloaded and completed a request form;
https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/en/news/ApplicationforPoliceClearanceCertificate_18.html

Then applied in person at;
Royal Thai Police
Building 6
Rama 1, Pathumwan
Bangkok, Thailand 10330
Tel: 66-2205-2168, 66-2205-2169

Yup

That is where my stepson was yesterday with the applicaiton

My wife was there last week with no issues

I told my wife to go back to them with the IRCC link explaining that you need to get the police certificate BEFORE

See what they say

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hey sorry to ride on your post but I can't create a new post for some reason the link does not work. But can reply this is at least relevant. We having having extreme difficulties applying for a Thai clearance from Myanmar, the embassy in Yangon  is not helpful and we can't fly to Thai because the Myanmar applicant could get hassled getting in and out, is anyone in the know? P