News Forum - Thai net idol attacks car park staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Thaiger

Viral CCTV footage of a woman attacking a staff member at a Suvarnabhumi Airport car park turned out to be a Thai net idol. The violent woman, who reportedly has a mental health illness, surrendered herself to the police today and compensated the victim 20,000 baht. The CCTV footage of the incident went viral on Thai …

The story Thai net idol attacks car park staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wait, so she gets by with a wai and 22,000 baht? This woman belongs in either jail or a mental institution. So what's the lesson she learned from this incident? keep on being a violent child - can just pay if someone presses charges.

Since she has mental issues, it is advisable to cancel her driving permit and get her admitted to any mental hospital for treatment. And also have to inform her followers in Thai net that she is a mentally disturbed person so that her followers also will not be mentally disturbed. 

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Since she has mental issues, it is advisable to cancel her driving permit and get her admitted to any mental hospital for treatment. And also have to inform her followers in Thai net that she is a mentally disturbed person so that her followers also will not be mentally disturbed. 

Nothing in that post makes sense to me.

"Mental issues" is a superset of "mental disorders". According to (*), 1 in 8 people in the world has a mental issue that qualifies as a disorder, so an even bigger proportion has a mental issue.

Assuming that statistic is roughly true and carries over to Thailand, and also re-using your lack of any nuance, about a million Thai should be institutionalized and their identities should be broadcast -- as soon as something happens (and perhaps not even that), according to your reasoning.

To me, that style of reasoning has many hallmarks of being the result of "mental issues" (and the statistic to which is referred doesn't even play a role in that).

Now, you could (and should) argue that your post has a context, and that it should be understood to be about attacking a victim for apparently no good reason. But even in that case, "having a mental issue" (which is extremely general) plays a subordinate role at best; using it as a starting point to advice some non-sequiturs makes no sense.

(*) https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/mental-disorders

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

Nothing in that post makes sense to me.

"Mental issues" is a superset of "mental disorders". According to (*), 1 in 8 people in the world has a mental issue that qualifies as a disorder, so an even bigger proportion has a mental issue.

Assuming that statistic is roughly true and carries over to Thailand, and also re-using your lack of any nuance, about a million Thai should be institutionalized and their identities should be broadcast -- as soon as something happens (and perhaps not even that), according to your reasoning.

To me, that style of reasoning has many hallmarks of being the result of "mental issues" (and the statistic to which is referred doesn't even play a role in that).

Now, you could (and should) argue that your post has a context, and that it should be understood to be about attacking a victim for apparently no good reason. But even in that case, "having a mental issue" (which is extremely general) plays a subordinate role at best; using it as a starting point to advice some non-sequiturs makes no sense.

(*) https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/mental-disorders

All humans have mental issues of one kind or another, that is, the human condition is one of a delicate balance between sociability and unreasonableness and it often goes awry.  We are a uniquely savage species, prone to violence against each other, unspeakable cruelty to our own and other species, massive idiocy and a selfish disregard for others and for the Earth we live on.  Nothing surprises me anymore in terms of what humans can get up to to.  Very little can be described as 'normal behavior'. 

In this case, I think   the culprit is using "mental illness" as an exculpatory reason for a nasty tantrum. She knew what she was doing. She got off easy.

5 hours ago, Pinga said:

Wait, so she gets by with a wai and 22,000 baht? This woman belongs in either jail or a mental institution. So what's the lesson she learned from this incident? keep on being a violent child - can just pay if someone presses charges.

It's just a good old fashioned cat fight 😅

12 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

I can relate to this women, Suvarnabhumi airport induces mental illness in me too.

We agree on that........it is frigging tight and dark in there!

I flew into BKK last week and my said she'd pick me up, I declined, rather take a car than have to go to car park