News Forum - Thai officials arrest overstaying French woman in Koh Pha Ngan

Thaiger

Thai officials arrested an overstaying French woman in Koh Pha Ngan this week. Sura Thani Immigration officers said in a Facebook post that they arrested the woman on Monday in front of the Bounty Resort on 85/1 Moo 8. The woman, 36 year old Myriam Naima Bakhoury, had overstayed her visa by six days, the …

The story Thai officials arrest overstaying French woman in Koh Pha Ngan as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

Right, I had better get my Covid mask ready to wear from tomorrow onwards. 😀

A combination of WifFi scanning & GIS technologies allow the BMW to read your posts 'confession' , and pinpoint your location, you should move at least to a different location, cell towers etc, and I mean before 'tomorrow'

Edited by avantgarde_a_clue

13 hours ago, JJJ said:

Wonderful use of resources. A Wi-Fi enabled BMW to scan the faces of potential visa overstays. 

Thai Police's thoughts on their BMW = Bring Me Wealth

Tourist idea of Thai Police BMW = Break My Wallet

6 days overstay? Come on with all the Hoora by these guys. 6 days. All they should have done was fine her 500 baht per day, have her pay 1900 baht giving her 7 days to allow her to leave on her own free will and then come back with a fresh 45 days or a visa. 

• Like 1

Country is full of Meth pills, shooting and robs on tourist areas, but police arrested a woman for overstay of 6 DAYS???????????

28 minutes ago, Maikel said:

Country is full of Meth pills, shooting and robs on tourist areas, but police arrested a woman for overstay of 6 DAYS???????????

Yeah, and gloating over how excellent their police work is on catching such a hardened criminal. 

Gotta love how all these "French" people getting in trouble have oddly North African sounding names. But anyway 6 days??  I guess she must have bad luck and got nabbed at a routine traffic inspection or something of the sort.

Kinda funny how pre-Covid news were "Foreigner arrested after 7-year overstay", now it's a week or two. Also people who genuinely are tourists are being harassed at immigration - my friend stayed over half a year on Covid extensions a couple of years ago, then last year only Jan-Mar. When coming back recently - after a year being gone - he was interrogated what was he doing in Thailand and asked to show a return ticket. They let him in eventually, but it's stupid that they bother people who are clearly not living in Thailand, coming back after a year.