News Forum - Norwegian man found dead with slit throat in Pattaya

Thaiger

A Norweigan man was found dead with a slit throat in his rented room in Pattaya, Chon Buri province, eastern Thailand last night. Police are treating his death as suicide. At 10pm, officers from Pattaya City Police Station were called to investigate the death of a foreigner at an eight-storey accommodation in Nong Prue subdistrict, …

The story Norwegian man found dead with slit throat in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sounds like a Scandinavian serial slasher is stalking sex-city Expats.  I can't believe anyone would be capable of suiciding in such a manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

I can't believe anyone would be capable of suiciding in such a manner.

But it is been the normal in Thailand that the Thai police have an imagination where this is very possible. Especially the condominium sudden stop syndrome that is very common in Thailand.

Odd way to off yourself, but I could almost see someone doing it with a dep breath and a 1,2,3. No going back after that slice is done..

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Odd way to off yourself, but I could almost see someone doing it with a dep breath and a 1,2,3. No going back after that slice is done..

I suppose most who choose this path are deciding between slicing their throat or jumping off a building/bridge as most don't have access to a gun.  Just sad to think that so many people are at a point in life where they have to mull which way to delete themselves. May the Norwegian RIP.

Looking at the mostly indoor bathrooms in many condominiums, is there no dry ice, in Thailand? No blood, no jumping from height. Just warm water and a good bottle of preferred "sleeping aid". Don`t forget the sign on the bathroom door!

The house of the first victim was well kept, well furnished and in good order. Not an indication of a man in crisis. The police better sharpen their pencils. 

36 minutes ago, Saunk said:

I suppose most who choose this path are deciding between slicing their throat or jumping off a building/bridge as most don't have access to a gun.  Just sad to think that so many people are at a point in life where they have to mull which way to delete themselves. May the Norwegian RIP.

Most ppl don't seem to have thought very much about it.  Carbon monoxide poisoning its the cleanest , simplest and most peaceful way to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, socal said:

Most ppl don't seem to have thought very much about it.  Carbon monoxide poisoning its the cleanest , simplest and most peaceful way to go. 

But not every one things about a coal chalk grill, then.

48 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

But not every one things about a coal chalk grill, then.

"thinks", sry! Sliding words on phone does not always work well.

12 hours ago, Saunk said:

Agree, but when someone is at that point then they are already on the committed side to do it. So far in my life I have had 2 very close old friends with deep personal scars or life issue that did themselves in. One jumped in front of a semi truck, and the other put his 9mm to his head. No saving them, but I wish.

22 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Many thousands of animals are slaughtered every day by having their throats cut. But it is painless and humane, so we are assured.