News Forum - Minivan driver claims he wasn’t asleep, screaming tourists caused crash

Thaiger

A minivan full of Russian tourists crashed either as a result of a screaming passenger or a sleeping driver, depending on who you believe. The minivan crashed into a tree after the driver was seen slumping over in his chair and one of the passengers screamed loudly, either out of fear, or to quickly wake …

The story Minivan driver claims he wasn’t asleep, screaming tourists caused crash as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

His explanation is hardly a surprise, cowardice, the avoidance of responsibility and downright lies are a Nationwide trait among far too many people who clearly cause an accident. How very many times do we hear of purps and those causing accidents, running away from their actions, like a bunch of naughty 12 year olds?  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

His explanation is hardly a surprise, cowardice, the avoidance of responsibility and downright lies are a Nationwide trait among far too many people who clearly cause an accident. How very many times do we hear of purps and those causing accidents, running away from their actions, like a bunch of naughty 12 year olds?  

"it was someone else wot dun it" is all too common a trait worldwide - but yes,  Thais do seem to have elevated it to an art form. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Rayong police are contacting the families in Pattaya of the Russian tourists in the minivan crash to provide them with updates on each victim’s condition.

So the family members flying home early? Not bothering to extend there visa.

I took a minivan once and only once from Ao Nong to Phuket

I never made it to Phuket 

The driver was absolutely insane

I think may have been on meth or something 

Driving 140kph and pulling out a huge map and laying it out over his steering wheel

I told him to pull over and we asked some locals in the middle of nowhere to find us a taxi

I don't let my stepson take them

I just send him money for a taxi 

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I took a minivan once and only once from Ao Nong to Phuket

I never made it to Phuket 

The driver was absolutely insane

I think may have been on meth or something 

Driving 140kph and pulling out a huge map and laying it out over his steering wheel

I told him to pull over and we asked some locals in the middle of nowhere to find us a taxi

I don't let my stepson take them

I just send him money for a taxi 

Scary minivan and bus rides are all part of the fun of travelling, together with ones that don't move until they have two more passengers than they have seats and enough goats and chickens to fill any space left.